• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Embrace" Music Video

What I liked:
The lighting of the live band was fantastic. Dramatic, simple, great job!
The story was predictable, but still effective. The labotomy bit made me flinch..so good job there.

Issues:
There were more than a couple lip sync issues.
The most noticeable was the big drum hit at 2:50 or so..it was so far off that it almost ruins the video for me.
HISS in the opening, before the music was real annoying..

Looks beautiful, same issues with the drums and lip sync as well though.

Quick fix is alway try to have your artists perform to a CD or a metronome so that it's easy to match up a entire song take at once. I've started bringing a small pair of pocket speakers with me when I do music videos so if needed and applicable I can play the song off my phone to keep the artists on temo. It saves piles of time and frustration, and breeds quality.

Really does look very nice though.

Looks beautiful, same issues with the drums and lip sync as well though.

Quick fix is alway try to have your artists perform to a CD or a metronome so that it's easy to match up a entire song take at once. I've started bringing a small pair of pocket speakers with me when I do music videos so if needed and applicable I can play the song off my phone to keep the artists on temo. It saves piles of time and frustration, and breeds quality.

Really does look very nice though.

good pointers. Ill keep that in mind

Always have your artists "perform" in their minds while listening to the release version of the song at least a few times the day before and the morning before your shoot. Also, agree with above. Have a release version of the song handy and have speakers! There's really no other logical way to get good synch.

But going beyond that I really liked the lighting in the live performance part. It may have been the grading but the "narrative" portion lighting looked a little flat to me.

First of all I really liked the song and felt like the video was gorgeous. I noticed some lip Syncing issues, but it didn't seem as apparent to me as it did to the other commenters. Felt like you had great shots, and the shaking effect was great. I loved right when she went at the doctor and it didn't quick flashes through different takes, my favorite part of the video.

First of all I really liked the song and felt like the video was gorgeous. I noticed some lip Syncing issues, but it didn't seem as apparent to me as it did to the other commenters. Felt like you had great shots, and the shaking effect was great. I loved right when she went at the doctor and it didn't quick flashes through different takes, my favorite part of the video.

Thank you. We'll try to better focus on syncing next time :D

Back