Shia LeBeouf the Story Thief

He's not a draw for me. I'd only watch the movie if it was great.
I don't think he's remarkable or likeable, even before the plagiarism.
Would you hire him for one of your own films?
I'm a nobody, & he'd probably get my project more views, so ya. But I imagine it has to be very low budget because it wouldn't get much financing. And it actually has to be great. It has to use his notoriety in a way that gets people's attention.
Now that I think about it, what film could one make that was intriguing enough to make people want to see Shia?

Would you see a movie where he is the star?
Nope

Would you hire him for one of your own films?
He is a pretty good actor so it depends on his price and attitude. He wouldn't be the star of the film though.

I usually don't let actors dictate whether or not I will watch. Their job is to embrace the character so well that I forget who they are as a person or actor. The perfect example for me is The Wolf of Wall Street. The first 5 minutes my pessimist self was all "Oh hell no, all I can see is DiCaprio" but on the 6th minute and for the rest of the film I was engulfed in the story. He nailed that shit.

So sure if he's in a flick I'm down to at least give him a chance.

It's a cool video. I like it.

I would definitely like to work with Sia. I'm a fan. Probably have to get that album now.

I don't know what the facts are on the plagiarism charge. Even if they're all true, like you said, it's been some time. And I'm thinking: forgive and forget, give the guy another chance or chances.

I do have to say I dig his more mature look in that video.

It's a cool video. I like it.

I would definitely like to work with Sia. I'm a fan. Probably have to get that album now.

I don't know what the facts are on the plagiarism charge. Even if they're all true, like you said, it's been some time. And I'm thinking: forgive and forget, give the guy another chance or chances.

I do have to say I dig his more mature look in that video.

It's been long enough that forgiveness does seem appropriate, and yeah he's great in that video.

The only actor I actively refuse to support with my views or money is kat Williams because I saw his standup advocating dog fighting with pit bulls and talking about how the dogs want to fight. I love my pitbull and took that pretty personally.

Sia's Chandelier video is pretty cool too. She has an interesting back story. Hey Sia & Shia, does that mean he's a stand in for her in this video?
Shia can do what Winona Ryder did. Years after her public meltdown, people started giving her small roles, & she showed she could do her job & work well with others.

It's been long enough that forgiveness does seem appropriate, and yeah he's great in that video.

The only actor I actively refuse to support with my views or money is kat Williams because I saw his standup advocating dog fighting with pit bulls and talking about how the dogs want to fight. I love my pitbull and took that pretty personally.

Principle and personal reasons sure... and it would figure a Kat would hate a dog. :/

Long overdue for an update...
Shia should have never been forgiven.

This dude is a fucking SNAKE

Hiding his herpes with makeup so that he can have sex and infect other people DURING HIS FLARE UPS, wtf!!

FKA Twigs also claimed Shia “made the horrific boast” that he would allegedly “drive around neighborhoods in Los Angeles and shoot stray dogs.” to get into character for his movie The Tax Collector

Shia was good in Peanut Butter Falcon but this shit is so fucking disgusting I never want to see him in anything else ever again.

After he was presented with the claims and the lawsuit, Shia told The New York Times that "many of these allegations are not true," but that he owed the women "the opportunity to air their statements publicly and accept accountability for those things I have done.”

FKA Off Shia

Last edited:
Long overdue for an update...
Shia should have never been forgiven.

This dude is a fucking SNAKE

Hiding his herpes with makeup so that he can have sex and infect other people DURING HIS FLARE UPS, wtf!!

FKA Twigs also claimed Shia “made the horrific boast” that he would allegedly “drive around neighborhoods in Los Angeles and shoot stray dogs.” to get into character for his movie The Tax Collector

Shia was good in Peanut Butter Falcon but this shit is so fucking disgusting I never want to see him in anything else ever again.

After he was presented with the claims and the lawsuit, Shia told The New York Times that "many of these allegations are not true," but that he owed the women "the opportunity to air their statements publicly and accept accountability for those things I have done.”

FKA Off Shia
Shooting stray dogs to help get into character? I'd like to help him get into character.

Alleged is important here, if "innocent until proven guilty" is still of any importance to us, to any of us. What's his side of the story? It does sound like she has physical evidence her herpes is his herpes. Even so, is that the whole story?

"…reckless disregard for the health and safety of his partner…" is one way to characterize such behavior. I'd call it evil, especially if the makeup allegation is true. But I'm old fashioned that way. I recall reading Dan Savages' advice to a supplicant from years ago. He told her (I think it was a she) she had no obligation to inform a sexual partner she had herpes. The point is, if the progressive, moral arbiter Dan Savage says it's okay to choose not to disclose one's herpes then who am I to judge? In fact, I believe that was one of the last straws, if not the last straw, to repel me away from Mr. Savage's advice. Your mileage may vary.

In Mr. LaBeouf’s favor, it's apparently the case most Americans do have herpes, anyway. So perhaps Mr. Savage was right: we shouldn't be so uptight about it. I do hope they are able to cure herpes using CRISPR or some similar tool one day.

It all reminds me of that scene from Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

PS: Is nothing private anymore? Truly.

Alleged is important here, if "innocent until proven guilty" is still of any importance to us, to any of us. What's his side of the story? It does sound like she has physical evidence her herpes is his herpes. Even so, is that the whole story?

"…reckless disregard for the health and safety of his partner…" is one way to characterize such behavior. I'd call it evil, especially if the makeup allegation is true. But I'm old fashioned that way. I recall reading Dan Savages' advice to a supplicant from years ago. He told her (I think it was a she) she had no obligation to inform a sexual partner she had herpes. The point is, if the progressive, moral arbiter Dan Savage says it's okay to choose not to disclose one's herpes then who am I to judge? In fact, I believe that was one of the last straws, if not the last straw, to repel me away from Mr. Savage's advice. Your mileage may vary.

In Mr. LaBeouf’s favor, it's apparently the case most Americans do have herpes, anyway. So perhaps Mr. Savage was right: we shouldn't be so uptight about it. I do hope they are able to cure herpes using CRISPR or some similar tool one day.

It all reminds me of that scene from Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

PS: Is nothing private anymore? Truly.

Ah yes. the scene in forgetting sarah marshall with the real life rapist Russell Brand. allegedly.
If herpes wasn't a big deal then Shia wouldn't have gone through such lengths to lie about it. allegedly.

And I don't think lawsuits were ever private.

Last edited:
if "innocent until proven guilty" is still of any importance to us

I had to come back and remark on this truly ridiculous notion that the courts judgement should be used in place of my own 😄😄😄

Jack do you seriously think OJ simpson is innocent? not a murderer?
Cause he was never proven guilty, therefore you must think he is innoncent? 😆

Back