Best Short Film Award

• I vote for "Magnamameous Bark & Gigante Chupycabras"

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I vote for "1958"

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm voting! I loved them both, so I'm trying to decide which one I think deserves my vote...

And, I have to say, you both did wonderful jobs... which makes my job hard (so I hate you).

Anyway, I must cast my vote in favour of "1958" - it may not have been unexpected, but it still ended on a genius note...

Ta for the vote, Mr DemX :cool:

Poke: Votes end Friday 5pm (pac time).

(btw... anyone who likes good comedy needs to go see BARK... is great Brit-style funnies)

That wll be the same time the new comp starts. Still struggling for a real prize... although I hope that new entries will be entering for the thrill of it all, as opposed to "goodies".

Zensteve said:
Poke: Votes end Friday 5pm (pac time).

I was commenting on how the voting has dropped off. Not the actual voting deadline. I'm just wondering if there is a reason people aren't voting (don't have time, can't view movies, thinks this contest is fascist, hate me, Goat, and Zen, etc.) ...

Zensteve said:
(btw... anyone who likes good comedy needs to go see BARK... is great Brit-style funnies)

Will you be my new agent?

Poke

I can't remember whether I voted or not... how annoying. I don't want to cast an illegal second vote - though I wish I could have voted for both because they're so well done.

I took the liberty of downloading both movies - much faster an more convenient than watching them streamed. It also afforded me to opportunity to watch them several times.

Zen - I really liked the plot; had me guessing right up to the surprise ending. Camera work was okay, did you have someone running the camera during the "at the piano" scenes? I think a couple of close-ups would have been interesting like during the "how to torture her" lines - a wistful faraway look during delivery would have been superb. The "caller" sequences were well done with the wave effect. And I have to ask... was that you playing the piano?

Poke/Goat - I liked the plot; it was silly but acting by both Poke and Goat carried it. In particular, there were a couple of very subtle pieces I enjoyed for their humor and understated presentation. First, Poke's voice-over piece about "... trousers around my ankles and some bum asking me for 20 pounds..." Second, the fade-out during Goat's "Damn, I stepped in the doo-doo" just cracked me up. Subjective humor, maybe, but my style.

Thanks, guys, for establishing the competition - and well done! I hope I'll be able to participate in the next round.

SPaulovich said:
I can't remember whether I voted or not... how annoying. I don't want to cast an illegal second vote - though I wish I could have voted for both because they're so well done.

If there's not a note saying "You have already voted on this poll" then you haven't voted. And thanks for the comments (the line about the bum was improvised on the spot cause Goat said we needed something to lead into that scene, you should have heard some of the others I came up with).

I want it to be known that I'm not campaigning for votes here, I just want to know why there isn't a larger vote count.

Poke

Thanks Mr P :D

Yes, Mr McToole talked about the fairly boring camera angles too. Not a lot of variety with them. C'est la vie. I just loaded up two cameras at 11pm, hit record, and got it all over and done with. Would have been much better with even the most basic of camerawork.

That was me playing, yes. I picked something simple that I wouldn't need 15 takes on. :cool:

rar!

But I'll be back!!!

MWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

...and everyone knows that the money is made in the sequels. :P

You, Goat & the whole crew put out a great show. It had everything in it... nods to some classic movies, hilarious one-liners, outrageous stereotypes, potty-humour, brilliant music and more.

I'm very afraid of what you guys will come up with next. :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back