• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch CARDIO - Short film shot on 7D.

Not bad. Questions I have for you:

Did you color grade?

What type of AudioTechnica mic?

Did you find any issues with the H4N?

Did you use natural lighting, or a light kit.

I thought that was a pretty tight short. In and out, like I like to see in a short with a simple catch.

The photography looked pretty good, although I found some of the handheld a little too 'docu' for me. I would have also used a bit more lighting design.

Nice work.

It's cool. Although it was a bit expected as the character said "she's going to be thrilled" (or something like that) gave away the end, else nice.

The acting needed a bit of rehearsing to give it a bit more depth. The girl didn't look as she was really shocked or desperate to get his husband back. And the husband wasn't clear if he wanted to use the film to get everything or he was just mocking them. A bit more of emotions would have helped.

Still, I found it very filmic style, I liked it.

Not bad. Questions I have for you:

Did you color grade?

What type of AudioTechnica mic?

Did you find any issues with the H4N?

Did you use natural lighting, or a light kit.

Color grade in Apple Color,
Audio Technica: AT835B got it a while ago - if buying now I would get the Rode NTG-2
H4n works pretty good. Hard to beat for the price or twice the price.
Mostly natural light and in the dinning room a 2x500w construction light bounced of an umbrella as fill light.

Color grade in Apple Color,
Audio Technica: AT835B got it a while ago - if buying now I would get the Rode NTG-2
H4n works pretty good. Hard to beat for the price or twice the price.
Mostly natural light and in the dinning room a 2x500w construction light bounced of an umbrella as fill light.

I think we have all of the exact same equipment. AT835b, H4N, and the 7D. No wonder I liked it! :)

Good!!!

Hey nous avons presque le meme cheminement!!

10ans d'animation.

Sin City, 300

Directeur D'animation pour Activision maintenant!

Nice short. J'Adore the momentum de l'histoire.

Vraiment top!

Good!!!

Hey nous avons presque le meme cheminement!!

10ans d'animation.

Sin City, 300

Directeur D'animation pour Activision maintenant!

Nice short. J'Adore the momentum de l'histoire.

Vraiment top!

Merci bien!
En effet, background similaire. C'est pratique les connaissance VFX pour faire nos films a notre goût. :)
Superbe job sur ton short du DRD! Et tes vidéo clips très bien fait aussi.
Comment t'aime ça le Jeux Vidéo? Moi j'ai aimé au début mais j'ai fini par me faire chier chez EA Montreal.

Last edited:
Merci bien!
En effet, background similaire. C'est pratique les connaissance VFX pour faire nos films a notre goût. :)
Superbe job sur ton short du DRD! Et tes vidéo clips très bien fait aussi.
Comment t'aime ça le Jeux Vidéo? Moi j'ai aimé au début mais j'ai fini par me faire chier chez EA Montreal.

THx!!
J'aime pas l'apect de l'engin, j'aime pas dealer avec sa, ouach! Mais bon. Sinon ben sa finance les projets. Mais une chance que je dirige le team artisitquement d'animation sans a avoir à animer, donc sa me donne une distance de ce fameu engin. Mais rock on fair des posts effecst pour le cinema, j'aime vraiment mieux.

JE vais suivre ce que tu fais!!

D'autre projet en vue????

Et comment tu as trouvé de travaillier avec la 7D? avantages et désavantages.

Very nice short! Great, simple story well-told. As opposed to M1chae1, I found your handheld cinematography both judicious and appropriate. Nice choices.

THx!!
J'aime pas l'apect de l'engin, j'aime pas dealer avec sa, ouach! Mais bon. Sinon ben sa finance les projets. Mais une chance que je dirige le team artisitquement d'animation sans a avoir à animer, donc sa me donne une distance de ce fameu engin. Mais rock on fair des posts effecst pour le cinema, j'aime vraiment mieux.

JE vais suivre ce que tu fais!!

D'autre projet en vue????

Et comment tu as trouvé de travaillier avec la 7D? avantages et désavantages.

Je fait un short pour le concours Vimeo/Canon. Je commence a shooter ce soir.
Sinon la 7d c'est plus soft que la 5D je trouve mais les controles sont meilleurs et le 48kHz simplifie le post. Pas de slip de synchro.

-F

Last edited:
It's cool. Although it was a bit expected as the character said "she's going to be thrilled" (or something like that) gave away the end, else nice.

The acting needed a bit of rehearsing to give it a bit more depth. The girl didn't look as she was really shocked or desperate to get his husband back. And the husband wasn't clear if he wanted to use the film to get everything or he was just mocking them. A bit more of emotions would have helped.

Still, I found it very filmic style, I liked it.

I thought the acting was the best part. Just shows how subjective all that is. Not that I'm knocking the other aspect of the short. I actually give it a 10/10. YAY

Very nice short! Great, simple story well-told. As opposed to M1chae1, I found your handheld cinematography both judicious and appropriate. Nice choices.

The shot where the camera follows the gentleman up to the house, and then they go up the stairs...it's very docu-style...I almost see the camera man want to follow up the stairs, and then hesitate...it's a little rough like that in spots....it was like a camera crew was following them, as opposed to an extended shot ala' Tarantino's work.

Just my two cents.

The shot where the camera follows the gentleman up to the house, and then they go up the stairs...it's very docu-style...I almost see the camera man want to follow up the stairs, and then hesitate...it's a little rough like that in spots....it was like a camera crew was following them, as opposed to an extended shot ala' Tarantino's work.

Just my two cents.

I'm not sure I know what you mean by Extended shot à la Tarantino. Could you point me to an example of such a shot. Thanks!

Last edited:
It was like a camera crew was following them, as opposed to an extended shot ala' Tarantino's work.

Yes, precisely. There's a difference between hand-held and long tracking shots. They are amongst many choices you have when leaving the tripod. What you call the docu-style is once again becoming a rising part of the language of film, due to the rise in popularity of "reality television." Audiences are more accustomed to that kind of photography and this can work to our advantage: it works on an audience subconsciously by anticipating tension, placing us in a real situation and foreshadowing not-so-nice events about to happen. A gliding steadicam shot in this instance wouldn't have dealt the same amount of tension. It would have understated the upcoming events instead of raising their stakes.

Last edited:
Back