Film festivals

Hi everybody!
I am an independent artist and I have finished my short animation 2 weeks ago.
I want to participate with this animation to some american film festival. The festivals are many (for example: Vidlings & Tapeheads Film Festival, I Hella Love Shorts, Brooklyn Film Festival, Napa Valley Film Festival etc..) and it is difficult to understand which one is a good festival. I have already look for academy award qualified festivals but I believe that there are many other good festivals that are not "famouse" but good quality one. Do you have any suggestion to how choosing a good quality festival?

Many thanks!
Andia

Dear Indietalk,

Thank you very much for your quick and kind reply.
No, I don't have a trailer. I uploaded my animation on filmfreeway but it can be watched just by festival organizer. It is a 6 minutes animation about power manipulation. "political animation!".

Thanks agian!

I believe that there are many other good festivals that are not "famouse" but good quality one. Do you have any suggestion to how choosing a good quality festival?
One indicator is how long they have been in business. Over five
years and it is likely a good one.

Dear Indietalk,
It is a 6 minutes animation about power manipulation. "political animation!".

Thanks agian!

1. Make sure they accept animation and look to see they actually program animation (by looking at previous years). For example some fests say they accept all genres but they "favor" others.

2. Like Rik said, stick with established festivals. Avoid 1st annuals unless an extension of an established fest.

3. Look at popular shorts or animations and see where they entered and won.

Back