I am a film composer and I am looking for a film to score free of charge

I am currently a student at Oberlin College and Conservatory and I will graduate with honors in music and economics in May of 2013. For my honors project, I am going to score and orchestrate a film. I thought about scoring a public domain film like Alexander Nevsky or something, but I feel the timing and editing of movies has changed drastically since then. Because of that, I'd rather score a film made more recently.

I think this could be a win/win situation for a director and me. You will get an awesome score, and I will get to finish my honors project. And we will both be happy! If you'd like to hear samples of my work, they're here.

If you've made a film you'd like scored, please email a link to me. The contact info is on my website.

I have a few prerequisites:

- I need to score between 15 and 25 minutes of music, so the film should require a score of that length.
The score will be predominantly orchestral and should fit the film.

- The film must be completely finished, apart from the music (i.e. locked picture).

- I will be uploading the scored sections of the film to my website, so I need the rights to do that. I will only upload segments I have scored, and will take no ownership of the film whatsoever. I will not sell or distribute the film, except for uploading it to my site with the intent of having people hear my music.

-I retain ownership of the music and can do with it what I please.

-Because of the due date I face (mid-March), there will be no rewrites of the music.

If you have a film I can score and you are okay with the points above, please submit it to me! It can be any genre. I will be taking submissions until February 6, after which I have to show my professors the film I will be scoring.

Thanks SO much for your help!

AJ

Back