First Skit

Hello I have uploaded my first skit up to my YouTube channel and I was wondering you guys could look at it and give me some tips on making my next one better ( I know there is a bunch of stuff that I need to fix or could improve ). If you guys can just leave constructive criticism that would be awesome. The video is named Exaggeration Full by Don't Honk ! Productions .

Any criticism is good even if it is negative, but if you can give me tips on how to improve would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I think I get where you're at.

I suggest that you go reading through this forum and watch some film making youtube series. I suspect the Film Riot series will point you in the right direction.

Make a lot more films and improve over time.

4 seconds in and it looks incredibly fake. the actor isn't hitting anything and it's obvious he's pulling his hand back on his own.

put down something next time and instruct him to hit it for real. Even if it's a pillow.

I like the actor. Great voice.

A nice first effort. You make all the usual first time mistakes.
Audio is terrible; you clearly didn't spend any time or effort
on that. No lighting. Yes, the new cameras shoot well in low
light but an exposed image is not all that a movie (or skit)
needs. Even when you want it dark learn to light the shots
well.

Make 10 more and try something new technically each time.

not bad, this has potential. what others have said about the audio is true. i would definitely export to 1080p so it can play in full resolution! keep making films, there were a few compositions in there that caught my eye for sure.

I see that the audio is a big problem. What exactly is wrong with it though? Is it too loud too low, distorted, too much noise ? If anyone can please pinpoint the audio problem, it would help alot.

Back