• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Teaser Trailer

looks good

Looks good. Well produced and interesting. Would love to talk more with you about distribution.
If you are going to put it up on vimeo or some other site where people can access the film, even if
paying to do so, then we would love to talk to you, get your inside story on production etc and feature
you on our new website.

www.Statusquomedia.com

Last edited:
Thank you for your interest! Your website looks very cool. I would love to hear more about your company. I did not direct this film, but I can refer you to the director. Here are the trailers to two of my previous films that I directed:
https://vimeo.com/93476048
https://vimeo.com/88832885

I am looking to shoot a feature sometime in the near future but am wanting to learn/prepare for distribution beforehand.

The website is pretty standard fare...an entertainment website much like many that follow all manner of entertainment. The difference is we choose to concentrate on indie films rather than more mainstream stuff.

Effectively for Indie Makers that make the cut, it's free advertising. For our readers it's an interesting site to point them toward projects they may have otherwise missed out on seeing. And for us as writers for the site it's a lot of fun as we get to spend our time watching films and writing about what we love which is films and the people that make them. We will eventually allow advertising to help cover costs but effectively it's a free for all.

Yes if you wouldn't mind directing me to the director I would appreciate it.

Downward...how long is the final cut on that? Is it finished? Would really like to see the rest.
It looks good. As long as it is not too short I could well be interested in writing about that one.

Distribution is tricky. The best model that I have seen is doing what you can with showing it at festivals or wherever else you can get it seen and then putting it up on the likes of vimeo or the countless other options for a dollar amount with pay to view, and pay to own options.

This is where we come in. Once you have it free to view, or paid for as above then you can approach the likes of us to see if we will write about your film (keep in mind it's free) The deciding factor is whether we think it is good enough in regards to quality. If it is, we will happily write about it to the world and post links to wherever you wish to bring traffic to your film.

Obviously in our write-ups we would mention your pricing structure...but if it is good enough then I think most expect to pay a little to view it because they understand that these things cost to produce and because most if not all films featured on our site will probably have a cost associated to viewing them. We do not host your film though, we simply point to whoever you choose to use.

If it is not good enough in our view, we simply don't write about it which keeps the clutter out and keeps our readers fed on quality films.

Last edited:
Hi Steve - I only edited the teaser for the film, as I did not have the time to edit the entire thing, but I believe it will be about 14 min in length.

Back