• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Zey The Mouse Episode 2 'The Prize Hat' Animation Video Here

Hi, all

I would like to share Zey's brand new episode called 'The Prize Hat'!

Zey and the gang are at school making a Hat for the Fashion Show at
'Chestnut Hall' mishaps and fun!! This effort has taken 6 months to make!! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EygVm2heIrk

Really charming.

One thing I found myself missing right away, though, was moving mouths to go with the dialogue. Any plans to include that in you animation in the future?

And unfortunately the clipping(?) when sounds or voices get loud is hard to take at times. I wonder if you could look at how you record your audio, I guess.

Very nice work.

As Richy hints at, the animation is lovely and really charming. The audio undoes all that hard work (and it'd be nice to have moving mouths, but I think stronger audio could make that forgiveable).

I'm pretty sure you could find a decent up and coming audio student who'd work on this for cheap given the visual quality, who could give you much much better sound.

The opening images draw me in instantly. The poor dialogue recording made me stop watching as soon as it started.

The intro sequence is dull and far too long for a webseries. Your audience needs to be engaged almost instantly with web content, and twenty seconds of very little happening will lose you a lot of viewers.

I remember seeing episode 1 a long time ago. You mention that it took 6 months to create this episode. In future, it might be best to work on finishing all episodes (however many years that would take doing things this way...) and releasing them weekly when you finish them. I recall being interested when i first saw ep 1, but the infrequency of the release means I haven't thought about you for months. If there was a weekly episode, it could have become part of my weekly schedule, something to look forward to and hence a more memorable product.

Just some thoughts - I think there is a huge level of potential here, but it's let down by some pretty key factors.

Thanks for commenting, i shall be looking into the sound etc more, as for the moving mouths, it wouldn't look right on these characters! so i will be keeping them as they are :)

I liked this episode as much as the previous one, maybe more. The characters are cute and funny.

While I agree with the others comments of the audio tracks needing some adjustments in places, you nonetheless have an awesome series you've created.

And don't worry about having to keep the mouths from moving, we all have our limitations and so we make the best with what we have.

Back