How to Market?

Lets assume you have a film and it's on a platform, how are you driving people to your site? And why don't people just create their own streaming website with a payment option? Isn't it cheaper, even with (vimeo's) 90/10 split?

From a marketing perspective, Are you using Facebook? Google ads? You tube? Instagram?

I find google ineffective. i've spent money on google ads and find the little column on the right to be too Restrictive in terms of number of characters. My stuff is too complicated to be explained in a soundbite (144 characters). I found Facebook to be much more effective. Especially fb groups, because it's free and you can post a really long message.

Any other thoughts on how to market/direct people to your site?

My feature (Surviving Family) is on iTunes & Amazon Prime; I use a little bit of everything to drive traffic. I too find Facebook the most effective, but I also use some Google AdWords and I'm working on increasing my Twitter usage.

In terms of limitations on length - I really try to keep things short, simply because I think it's more effective.

Back