• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Eye of My Edge - Video Poem

Here is a video poem.

Still exploring the juxtaposition of two independently designed media. In this case a poem, written and recorded separately. Then the combination of motion pictures taken over the span of a year.

When combined, create a distinct third design.

Eye of My Edge
https://vimeo.com/132737187

This probably goes in experimental.

I didn't make it all the way through. I stopped because the poem didn't go, in any discernible way, with the film. The different shots seemed to be just shots. No pop, no wow. Just generic, point-the-camera-at-that-and-shoot shots.

I don't know who Giovanni is, maybe a famous poet, but the poem seemed lackluster. Maybe it was the delivery, but I think it was the poem itself.

Don't get down. Keep up the good work.

Murdock

thanks for the viewing, even if only partial. It should go in experimental, I'll remember that for next time.

Interestingly enough your comments reveal the antithesis of the film. The shots have no pop and no wow because they are not suppose to. There is no camera extravagance. It is boiled down to the essence; a motion picture. The objects in motion speak enough, even if very quietly.

As for the poem it is a bit dry, at least my delivery. But it also has nothing to do what-so-ever with the film. And this too, is the point.

Back