Films like "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"?

I'm wondering if anyone knows movies similar to "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"
Y'know, the idea of very few characters, one or two locations and a great deal of verbal malice and drama.
Just no one recommend "Carnage" cause I know about that ;D haha
Cheers

'Night, Mother
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/'Night_Mother

Not alot of malice, but a pretty sad story...only two characters. Only one I can think of right now...

-- spinner :cool:

Sounds interesting, I'll give it a look when I get the chance.

Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? :cool:
It's actually something I've wanted to watch for ages, I might buy it the next time I get a chance.

Watch "The Tenant". Polanski at his insane, tense best.
I like Polanski a lot (one of the reasons im looking forward to "Carnage" so much) and I've been meaning to check out more of his films for a while now, having only seen Rosemary's Baby, Chinatown and The Ghost so it's nice to have a film to start with.

There is a fantastic Hitchcock film called Rope with only a few characters all set in one room. In fact there are very few edits. I think the edits happen every eight minutes or so because that was the limit of film in a camera.

There is a fantastic Hitchcock film called Rope with only a few characters all set in one room. In fact there are very few edits. I think the edits happen every eight minutes or so because that was the limit of film in a camera.

I've seen Rope. It's very good but not entirely what I'm looking for (:

"Fool for Love" from the Sam Shepard play, directed by Robert Altman.

Don't know it, might look into it when I've got time

And also have a look at Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

Elisabeth Taylor in a Tennessee Williams adaptation = me sold :D

Back