actors Have you ever watched any movie with a really sexy character?

Because you referenced Bound, there are some movies that comes to my mind that belongs in the same category as Bound, if that's what you are looking for.

* Basic Instinct
* Wild Things
* Cruel Intentions

Thank you for your suggestions sir!
I'm gonna check them ASAP. I made it clear in my latest answer that I needed to "see the actress from many angles". So, your list is perfect for me :thumbsup:

1) Don't complain about complaints when your first line of text sounds like a dry humper....

Ok. I was not complaiming. Just making my statement clear for her :)

will result in a flat sexist character that was clearly written by a man as a fantasy for men..
That's definitely not the case for me but anyway - what's so wrong with that exactly? Can't I just choose my own audience and my own story?

BBfilms was not trying to stop you. She was pointing you towards some valid points that can save you from terrible writing...

I warned BB not to rate MY GOAL. She knowns nothing about the project I'm running. So, I think her "fixing attempt" was highly inappropriate. But whatever, was just making things clear once again and trying to stop a useless debate about what "a movie should look like". I didn't mean to offend her by any means.

P.S: I guessed I didn't need to say that my character is a woman (daughter, member of a gang, employee, a heavy facebooker, has great passion for Egyt history…) It looks like I was wrong. Anyway, I already wrote almost evrery thing I need for now about her. This is the only part I'm missing. So, that's why I tried to post something very clear about my goal.

Many thanks again for your list and stay blessed :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Just making my statement clear for her

'will result in a flat sexist character clearly written by a man'

what's so wrong with that exactly? Can't I just choose my own audience and my own story?

I warned BB not to rate MY GOAL. She knowns nothing about the project I'm running. So, I think her "fixing attempt" was highly inappropriate. But whatever, was just making things clear once again and trying to stop useless a debate about what "a movie should look like". I didn't mean to offend her by any means.

and yet your choice of phrasing is STILL offensive, you have a horrible way of talking sexistly and talking down to women... you might want to address that because it will hold you back from progressing in life

1) you don't need to make anything 'clear' for me I am not a blind nor brain dead, believe it or not us women know exactly what 'get hard' mean with out a man feeling the need to explain his sexist comment to us like we are morons

2) 'a flat sexist character' = 'whats wrong with that'... did you legitimately just ask what wrong with being sexist, why not throw in some racism and homophobia to really round out your writing

3) don't you 'warn' me of anything, I am an independent person and don't need your damn permission to be offended by your blatant disrespectful attitude or to raise that point... believe it or not us little women have a right to call you out on your bullshit and you don't get to 'ssshhh' us

the fact that you don't see sexism as an issue, think women need stuff explaining to them and assume you can control us says absolutely everything about what kind of person you are... but by all mean write it, no one will buy it and you'll be lucky to find an actress willing to play it and even if you do manage a flat sexist character will garner you nothing but bad critics and 'worst' awards so knock yourself out it wont destroy my career at the end of it

Well...it's true that we don't know much about the project. Could be that he want to have a stereotypical archetype. Not all Indie movies are realistic historical dramas. Could be a comedy making fun of movie cliche.

There is a reason I don't want to watch all of Michael Bay's movies anymore. Seks sells..... Twilight and Fifty Shades of Grey proof that its not only to the male gender....

Hi BB :)
Glad to see you again.

and yet your choice of phrasing is STILL offensive, you have a horrible way of talking sexistly and talking down to women... you might want to address that because it will hold you back from progressing in life

1) you don't need to make anything 'clear' for me I am not a blind nor brain dead, believe it or not us women know exactly what 'get hard' mean with out a man feeling the need to explain his sexist comment to us like we are morons

2) 'a flat sexist character' = 'whats wrong with that'... did you legitimately just ask what wrong with being sexist, why not throw in some racism and homophobia to really round out your writing

3) don't you 'warn' me of anything, I am an independent person and don't need your damn permission to be offended by your blatant disrespectful attitude or to raise that point... believe it or not us little women have a right to call you out on your bullshit and you don't get to 'ssshhh' us

the fact that you don't see sexism as an issue, think women need stuff explaining to them and assume you can control us says absolutely everything about what kind of person you are... but by all mean write it, no one will buy it and you'll be lucky to find an actress willing to play it and even if you do manage a flat sexist character will garner you nothing but bad critics and 'worst' awards so knock yourself out it wont destroy my career at the end of it

I highy appreciate that you take advantage of your right to speak. It's so great.
By now, I understand (from your persective) that I'm a sexist + blind to the modern world + have the mentality of a 13 year old. That's okay :)
Still, I have something in my childish mind to say. Can I?

So, how do you regard the glass excatly? As half full? Or half empty? You get to choose BB. The sight is yours as well as the choice. It looks like being a woman (or strong woman or modern woman…) is not enough for you. You also need to see it in others eyes. Heavy load you created for yourself my dear.
So yelling at me is perfectly useless. Trust me or not, this is not about me and certainly not my "phrasing". It's all about YOURSELF :)

Look at what you are doing here for example. You are succesfully turning a simple "character writing thread" into a kinda feminist war or something. That's okay too!

why not throw in some racism and homophobia to really round out your writing

Great question. I dont need such characters for this story but I see no reason not to use it appropriately for an other story. As long as te racist or the homophobe is the vilain or the director/ writer left "instructions" all along the movie to clearly show the audience that the homophobe or the racist is not to be imitated by any means. I think done with way, it can still add value to this world. Let's say it's a bad person or it's a bad part character.
It's all about the story. Remember filmaking is an Art. So the only limit is the artist creativity.

Plus, you don't fix an injustice by hidding it. You find a poper angle, face it and "kill it".

Ok. Thanks again and talk soon :cool:

Last edited:
Well...it's true that we don't know much about the project. Could be that he want to have a stereotypical archetype. Not all Indie movies are realistic historical dramas. Could be a comedy making fun of movie cliche.

There is a reason I don't want to watch all of Michael Bay's movies anymore. Seks sells..... Twilight and Fifty Shades of Grey proof that its not only to the male gender....

Thank you sir!
I tried to say it but you're doing so much better than me :thumbsup:

Hi BB :)
Glad to see you again.

I highy appreciate that you take advantage of your right to speak. It's so great.
By now, I understand (from your persective) that I'm a sexist + blind to the modern world + have the mentality of a 13 year old. That's okay :)
Still, I have something in my childish man to say. Can I?

So, how do you regard the glass excatly? As half full? Or half empty? You get to choose BB. The sight is yours as well as the choice. It looks like being a woman (or strong woman or modern woman…) is not enough for you. You also need to see it in others eyes. Heavy load you created for yourself my dear.
So yelling at me is perfectly useless. Trust me or not, this is not about me and certainly not my "phrasing". It's all about YOURSELF :)

Look at what you are doing here for example. You are succesfully turning a simple "character writing thread" into a kinda feminist war or something. That's okay too!

an your still offensively talking down, are you really that incapable of seeing how ridiculous you sound?

you also don't know me at all or you would know I am the least 'feminist' woman around often advocating more for men's rights but as a member of this planet I do still expect basic HUMAN respect which is something you clearly lack because you see women as lesser than yourself and apparently having a vagina automatically makes us here for your pleasure... sorry I fail to be arousing to you

and yes this is 100% about you damn phrasing, are you that unobservant you honestly can see how opening a thread with 'every time you remind about her performnce, you immediately get hard' or patronizing someone as soon as you find out they are a woman with things like 'MY LADY' or saying things like 'I warned her' is entirely an issue with YOU?
there's no way to flip this to me being crazy but nice attempt a gas-lighting you must be a pleasure in real life, I've never had this issue of being talked to like this with anyone else bar one person and he went to jail for domestic abuse ffs

While this is getting a bit more heated than I think is really useful, I DO think that what you're looking for is far more related to the male gaze in film than to anything that real women do.

an your still offensively talking down, are you really that incapable of seeing how ridiculous you sound?

you also don't know me at all or you would know I am the least 'feminist' woman around often advocating more for men's rights but as a member of this planet I do still expect basic HUMAN respect which is something you clearly lack because you see women as lesser than yourself and apparently having a vagina automatically makes us here for your pleasure... sorry I fail to be arousing to you

and yes this is 100% about you damn phrasing, are you that unobservant you honestly can see how opening a thread with 'every time you remind about her performnce, you immediately get hard' or patronizing someone as soon as you find out they are a woman with things like 'MY LADY' or saying things like 'I warned her' is entirely an issue with YOU?
there's no way to flip this to me being crazy but nice attempt a gas-lighting you must be a pleasure in real life, I've never had this issue of being talked to like this with anyone else bar one person and he went to jail for domestic abuse ffs

Well, I don't wan to "manspread" anymore :)
I guess not anwering at all will be "disrecptfull". And I really want to avoid that. So here you go.
Now just tell me. What do you want to say exactly? It gets really confusing ? Please, write it as simplest as you can. And I promise it will be uselfull.
Thanks!

I think the suggestions by Walter B are spot on... EI think the archetype is something like this: Very confident, aware of its own attractiveness, a bit arrogant and taking pleasure in getting attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaoQNDIf6pY

Me myself find vulnerability, honesty and openness more attractive in a woman. A bit like Bjork and lou rhodes...

Perhaps mix things a bit up...

Last edited:
While this is getting a bit more heated than I think is really useful,

Yep. It is.
I did my best to avoid that. Well it didn't work :cool:

I DO think that what you're looking for is far more related to the male gaze in film than to anything that real women do.

Hi admin.

Great. It's your point of view and it's okay. However, I never intended to tell the story according to any gender gaze. But I do understand that it's all what you can see from where you stand as I only described a (only one from many) subplot from one secondary character. The rest of the story is... HUGE :)

And I still don't see why a "sexy female character" in a movie should always make the movie "sexist" or worst, make the writer/ director sexist. Really, I don't.

Thank you :thumbsup:

Have you seen games of thrones?
margaery tyrell's motivation is to become queen of the seven kingdoms, and her behavior is to be the most desirable woman available and most perfect wife she can be to the king.
She does this to three different kings, and with each different king she pretends to be a different kind of woman.
Maybe that's the kind of woman you're looking for?

If I were to wager a wild guess I'd say you have some unfulfilled sexual fantasies and aim to create a fictional woman whose sole purpose of existence is to service your desires. Such an existence is very two dimensional and hence not a real person. Real people have three dimensions. By creating female characters that aren't real people it's a form of misogyny, but hey i don't know you. Life is hard, people need food and medicine to live, do what you need to do to sell your film and make your money. I am nobody to judge anyone.

We can easily gender flip this scenario to someone like James Bond.
James Bond is a secret agent with different identities, like margaery tyrell he pretends to be a different kind of man to seduce different kinds of women. But both of these characters are just pretending.. that's the important distinction. It's what makes them three dimensional, it makes them human beings instead of objects of desire.

Sure. But to be clear, this is not about misogyny. But definitely about sex :) But not "sex for sex". It's more about what does a woman does to be attractive…
Thanks!

Well lets see. They style their hair, white women tan their skin, they do their nails, they shower and put on scented sprays and deodorants. They go to the gym and control their diet. Some women go to charm school idk exactly what goes on there :lol:

Hi,

Have you seen games of thrones?
margaery tyrell's motivation is to become queen of the seven kingdoms, and her behavior is to be the most desirable woman available and most perfect wife she can be to the king.
She does this to three different kings, and with each different king she pretends to be a different kind of woman.
Maybe that's the kind of woman you're looking for?

No. Because Margery is a "social climber". She will do whatever it takes to become or stay queen. Plus, Margery has no other skill than being queen. It's the only thing she learned since day 1: to be a queen.
Mine is loyal to her mate (her fiancee) and has a completely different personnality. From the description I read on this thread, I think the character from Desperado and the one Feutus Lapdance posted seems to be much better match. I still have to watch them.

If I were to wager a wild guess I'd say you have some unfulfilled sexual fantasies and aim to create a ...

Lol
But fortunately you're not. You approch it very wisely :) . And you right. Never jubge what don't know…
I can't think of a single reason why one would create a whole movie to fulfill his "fantasy". And I wonder what kind of fantasy could that be? Seriously.
So no. There is no obcession behind this facet of the character.

I reaped great deal of suggestions here already to get the job done. So, I'm happy. But if you remind of this kind of character later, your suggestion is always welcome.

Many thanks & talk soon.

a lot of movies are created to fulfill a fantasy.

especially films in the fantasy genre :)

Bound would be my go-to suggestion as well. Although personally I was much more taken with Gina Gershon's performance as Corky than with the femme fatale Violet.

Other films with femme fatales might include: Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct, Bridget Gregory in The Last Seduction, Michelle Pfeiffer in Batman Returns (so sexy!), Famke Janssen in GoldenEye, Kathleen Turner in Body Heat, Angelina Jolie in Original Sin, Rita in Mulholland Drive (might be more like Violet in Bound?), etc. There are so many similar films to look at.

Other sexy films you might like to check out could include: Bolero and Tarzan the Ape Man with Bo Derek, 9 1/2 Weeks, Showgirls, Wild Orchid, The Lover, Wide Sargasso Sea…

Like every time you remind about her performnce, you immediately get hard :)

I don't think the world doesn't work that way. Like the saying, different strokes for different folks. You can thank your maker that what works for me probably won't work for you. The best piece of advice I can give you: Know your audience. The best you can do is to give them what you believe will achieve the goal you're after.

Back