What to do in order to make better movies

Hello there,
I have just finished preparing closed captions for my latest movie and thus I would like to ask more international community to rate my work. It is hard not to sound pushy - taking into consideration the number of views - but I hope you won't perceive it as an ad. I find making movies quite rewarding and I would like to get better - it would be nice if you could help me (development is the key - do scan through previous movies to see the changes).

Feel free to make any remarks and I will answer.

Thanks in advance ;)

The movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLog6ZsvSco
(The tittle is a translation of 'Interstellar' to Polish. This is 'the joke')

"What to do in order to make better movies", did that seem like clickbait Sweetie?

If he hadn't plugged a video, how in the world would we have answered his question?

That link stops this from being a "How long is a piece of string?" thread.

He gave us something to evaluate and judge him on.

I think I could only see that title being clickbait if it said something like "How to Make Better Movies" and was posted in Narrative or Documentary boards.

-----------------

I'll tell you my thoughts (critically) on your piece later. I'm making dinner and don't have time to watch your video atm.

"What to do in order to make better movies", did that seem like clickbait Sweetie?

If he hadn't plugged a video, how in the world would we have answered his question?

Perhaps your definition of clickbait is different from mine. To answer your question, if he had posted a topic that wasn't clickbait and created a conversation/questions/debate on the topic in the title, it wouldn't have been clickbait.

If he had asked how does he improve his video, it would not have been clickbait. At best it's misleading.

All right then!

I was especially curious about the following:

1. Is the plot understandable? My colleauges don't really see what the 'point' of the moive is, what's the meaning. I thought it is pretty straightforward. Any remarks?

2. How do you find the special effects? Creating those was a great fun and I am kind of proud how the movie doesn't have this 'total-independent-no-budget' look.

3. What do you think about the cast? I always had in mind a moive where only one actor plays all of the roles. Those combined scenes (two people at once) seem especially good for me.

Whent it comes to the views - well, I could have bought them, maybe I will, some day. But for now, if anybody could comment on the points - please, do :)

Cheers!

Back