amazon vs b&hphotovideo vs ??

Hello guys, as per title, which would you recommend between amazon and b&hphotovideo? Not only for prices but also for reliability. Do you have other websites to suggest? Can you share your experiences??Also if someone is outside the US he/she is welcome as well:)

I noticed that many on this forum seem to talk a lot about b&hphotovideo, is it because the forum is affiliated with them or you just like it in general? Thanks.

ps: hope this is the right section, not trying to spam!

B&H has always been very reliable for me. Their customer service - again, at least for me - has been excellent. When my studio was flooded (along with all of my paper records) they very quickly were able to supply me with replacement receipts which I need for insurance purposes.

It's also nice that they have all of my purchases on record and my sales rep can note incompatibilities or complementary items.

Relationships are important, even with your vendor.

They usually have knowledgeable people that can help you with questions about products.

When it came to purchasing my most expensive items and equipment, I go for B&HPhoto, because they have a well-received, very high-quality business presence. They have a reliable system of payment and delivery of every item in very well packaged and safely transported boxes. And simply the way that everything is handled, you know. The website is dedicated solely to filmmaking gear: so they aren't stretching themselves thin like Amazon is. They have a solid track record as far as I can see. They aren't trying to scam anyone unlike similar sites that even look and act in a similar manner, but yet have very fishy terms, prices, and policies (I got scooped up with one once by pure ignorance). And even if Amazon has a lower price, I can usually trust the higher price more because it's a consistent price, and you do get what you pay for, especially with B&H.

So for everything I can possibly get through them, I will always go with them. No question.

I like Amazon too. I'm not knocking them. I don't think I have bought a camera item from them though. But they have sent a number of other items to me that were damaged. Usually it's not mortal damage, not enough to trouble with sending them back. But it's annoying, and I strongly suspect they were shipped out damaged. If I ever do order an expensive item from them, camera thing or otherwise, I will be more worried anticipating whether it will arrive in good shape, or not. Really, I intend to not buy anything like an expensive camera from them for that very reason.

Anything I've ever ordered from B&H has come to me in tip-top shape, which is very appreciated. Also, all other interactions with them have been positive for me, as well.

Another good company to consider is Adorama. I've also had good experiences with them. And their prices are usually the same as or very close to B&H's.

I have only one time had an issue with B&H over 20 years of ordering
and shipping to CA. A quick phone call resolved the issue immediately.

Sometimes their prices are a little higher. But for me it's worth it because
I never have to wonder if I'm getting exactly what I want or if it will be
damaged upon arrival. Most of the time their prices are a little lower than
Amazon. And if I have specific questions about the equipment I can call
B&H and ask. Try that with Amazon.

Back