• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Static - full film

knightly said:
Stories are viewed/percieved differently on a computer screen than they are on either a TV or a movie screen. In this case, a viewer of this piece on a larger format of delivery (tv or cinema) will be more "sucked into" the world of the story and will need more time physically to look around the frame as it is larger. On the computer, the image is generally much smaller and the detail can be taken in all at once, hence the need for faster story telling. Television changed the way we recieve storytelling data. Computer video is doing it again.
Unfortunately, the TV has made us all a culture of on-demand entertainment and violence. We now all have a short attention span and require visual overload. It's sad to see that we've become an instant gratification society that demand music video-sized stimuli.

knightly said:
In the golden days of the cinema...
Yes, those days are gone, but never forgotten. Personally, I'd love to see a rebirth of these days, not just a return of classic film to the cinema early some Sunday morning, but in new projects. Bring back the romance, the powerful female leads, the grandure of epic Hollywood that didn't have to compete with Television. You don't see it because no one has the
balls
to try it because it might not be "economically feasible" to them. I shed a tear when I watch silent films, the lost art of the stage is lost forever and is only truly seen in silents starring Lon Chaney, Sr and Buster Keaton to name a few.

knightly said:
MTV came to be.
I remember the early days of MTV. I was a part of that generation. I'm in my mid-30's now and can remember every 80's hair band and Flock of Seagull-clone band of the time.

As time goes on, Hollywood attempts to play to the latest generation, but Hollywood never really changes. A little piece of it gets lost in the latest translation, never to return.

knightly said:
We are wired to move our eyes to take in data once we've assimilated the information in our field of view. If the viewer has taken in all of the data on a shot...it's your responsibility as the director/editor to move their eyes (virtually - by changing what happens in front of them) for them. If you don't they will...I can see my e-mail window behind this one asking for my attention.
I couldn't have said that better myself :lol:

Sorry for the long rant, my blood sugar must be low. I don't like change, but I live in a changing world.

Back