• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

The Things We've Seen picks up North American Distribution

North American Distribution

Today, I can officially announce that a career-long goal has been realized. I am able to officially say that my debut feature film, The Things We've Seen, has been picked up for distribution in the US, Canada, and their territories. The earliest goal I've held when I set out to go to film school six years ago was to one day make and sell a feature film. Anyone who has spoken to me in recent years about my influences will know my response usually begins with “director Jeff Nichols”. What makes this deal sweeter is knowing that Multicom Entertainment Group is also the company behind the sale and distribution of Jeff’s first film, Shotgun Stories. The Things We’ve Seen began as a little scene in the cornfields outside of rural Indiana back in 2014. It occurred at a point when I was debating my next move after graduation: I had been told by some to stop calling myself a director, because it was not realistic.

I made the decision to drop out of film school my senior year after my previous work was censored by the institution, and immediately recognized the importance of giving myself a mission. I needed to make a product that I could sell. That idea went on to become a mountain of an obstacle for me, my team, and all others who believed in the project. We were told that raising the kind of money we needed to “go play” was not possible — especially in Indiana.

We met that challenge. We built a foundation to stand on, running for twelve days of filming in 2015, which led to three months of post-production, ending with over 300 individuals involved collectively on either side of the camera, and now three years later I meet the personal goal I gave myself when I was walking through the doors to film school without any direction of where I wanted to end up.

If you're interested in the film and info on its release, you can follow the film's page at: http://www.facebook.com/thingsweveseen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1fZjYwCiVk

Last edited:
If you paste the full youtube link it should automatically imbed in your post.

And congratulations! That's huge. It must feel good.

Anyone who has spoken to me in recent years about my influences will know my response usually begins with “director Jeff Nichols”. What makes this deal sweeter is knowing that Multicom Entertainment Group is also the company behind the sale and distribution of Jeff’s first film

Very cool. I was just talking about Jeff Nichols, being possibly underrated, in another thread. I had not read your post, until now.

Congrats on your distribution deal!

Very cool. I was just talking about Jeff Nichols, being possibly underrated, in another thread. I had not read your post, until now.

Congrats on your distribution deal!

Thanks, Scoopicman, Nichols caught my eye when Mud came out. After seeing it I dove backward and discovered all his other work. He has a smart sensibility to his voice as a writer/director.

Back