My Dream Camera

What I would absolutely love to see made is a full frame (or medium format) digital film camera. By that I mean a camera that shoots 24 individual frames per second (for a start). The sensor in a 5D mkIII shoots CR2 (raw) images at over 5K resolution. With a single Digic V processor, the 5D mkIII is capable of 6fps. The 1Dx has two Digic V processors and can shoot 12fps. By that math, a camera with four of those processors should be capable of 24fps RAW 5K. There may even be better processors available. It seems that the biggest obstacle would be heat. If we take the guts of this camera out of the traditional SLR format and place them into a larger box we create enough space for internal SSD drive bays and cooling units. You would edit the footage the same way that you did film, just digitally. Am I the only one that would trip over my own dick running to buy something like that? Moire and aliasing would be a thing of the past. You want a digital camera with the "filmic" look, this would be it. Thoughts?

Wait, are you trying to tell me my latest indie epic about two teenage hitmen fighting over a briefcase in the local park doesn't warrant an Alexa??? But what if it gets picked up for theatrical release? I'd hate to lose that opportunity because it didn't look good enough for the big screen. I'm pretty sure I'll be better off launching a kickstarter to buy an Alexa, just in case.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!

Wait, are you trying to tell me my latest indie epic about two teenage hitmen fighting over a briefcase in the local park doesn't warrant an Alexa??? But what if it gets picked up for theatrical release? I'd hate to lose that opportunity because it didn't look good enough for the big screen. I'm pretty sure I'll be better off launching a kickstarter to buy an Alexa, just in case.
If the teen hitmen use lightning balls it's sure to get picked up by Lionsgate, Anchor Bay, Magnet, or Sony Pictures Classics. Maybe IFC or Troma.

"Gotcha!"
hqdefault.jpg

Back