• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

I Want to Compose/Score Your Film!

Hey Everyone!

Many of you know me here, and I've worked with a number of you, especially in incorporating my music into your projects. Now, though, I'd like to try my hand at scoring your films!

I want to write instrumental pieces for your films, and more specifically, I would love to score your film! I'm a very experienced musician and over the past few years I've garnered a strong understanding and fluency in creating orchestral pieces. These pieces are normally backdrops to my lyrical folk/rock songs. I want to now score instrumental music for your use.

Now, let me explain some stuff about my style and give you and idea of what I want to do -

I'm essentially backwards engineering composing; my work won't sound like most of the composers working here. Similar to when Bob Dylan scored Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid, or Trent Reznor with the Social Network, I'm taking what I've learned from my rock, blues and folk roots, and applying it to instrumental music for film. This approach creates a different sound. It sounds a bit more like a musical artist scoring your project, and a bit less like an orchestra. Though I'll still use lots of orchestral arrangements, I'll also use guitars and instruments that are sometimes less apparent in scores.

Now, here's the part you indie film makers will love - I'm happy to do all of the work FOR FREE. I assure you it'll be of the utmost quality possible, I simply want to expand my portfolio and try my hand at composing and scoring.

Below I'm linking my latest album, where you can hear my latest work. In all of the songs you'll hear my orchestral arrangements, especially towards the latter halves of works like 'Overture of the Stars', 'Song for Pete' and 'When the Moon Falls from the Stars'.

I would love to work on individual tracks, or scoring a project. Please hit me up with any questions!

https://soundcloud.com/riversrubin/sets/static-on-the-water-the

All the Best,

Brett Stewart

Back