Student needs clip to score

I'm studying a degree in professional musicianship, and need to score a 3 minute piece of film for assessment. If anybody has anything lying around that they could send me I'd really appreciate it :)

Anything will do, but it has to be relatively recent. I'm studying at the institute of modern music, so I'd rather score for something within the past 15 years. And in order to get the full experience I guess it would be better to have SFX and/or dialogue

Prelinger Archives are awesome, theres tons of stuff up there but, like you say, it's all old stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking it - I had some fun looking through a lot of clips, some of them are ace! But I need something more recent.

That's why I thought I'd start posting up here, a short movie would be perfect and someone else might have benefitted from it - I didn't realise there'd be so many composers begging for work everywhere!

Something original would be better, so there are no preconceptions about the score. I'd prefer not to do popular film if I can help it.

Any particular genre you're interested in? When does the assignment need to be completed by? (I have a couple of shorts that are nearly finished in editing that don't have a composer attached, you see :P)

Can you show us any prior work? Do you have a particular style? What films and music are you interested in and influenced by? What kind of projects interest you?

Well I am a songwriter primarily, I can emulate the styles of other artists effectively as well as competently write in a number of styles independently. I've written orchestral arrangements in the past, but I don't have any I can show you. I can direct you to my soundcloud to hear my other music (https://soundcloud.com/william-cort) - but I doubt it will reflect anything I would do for film. I have never done a score before, so I don't know how it will turn out, but I'm sure it wont be bad! I just need something to work with. Even if it's an old film with the soundtrack left out.

Any genre will do, the assignment isn't due until around June so I've got plenty of time.

Back