• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Inspiration for my first screenplay

I'm working on my first screenplay. Not in the matter of potentially selling it, but merely as practice. The story revolves around a single protagonist and his experiences as a nightclub promoter in London.

Therefore, I'm asking for people's recommendations for movies, where you primarily follow one protagonist throughout the entire story. I feel the urge to fill in scenes without the protagonist, but at the moment it just doesn't quite fit the story. I want to watch great examples of how other movies dealt with this.

Thanks in advance and sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section.

Well, ask the questions a viewer would ask? What does this club promoter do? How is he/she unique? Do he/she do something else under the guise of club promoter? Is the promoter a hero or villain?

From what i wrote, the character makes the story. Make an interesting character then build an adventure around he/her.

Well, ask the questions a viewer would ask? What does this club promoter do? How is he/she unique? Do he/she do something else under the guise of club promoter? Is the promoter a hero or villain?

From what i wrote, the character makes the story. Make an interesting character then build an adventure around he/her.

Well, thanks for your input, I guess, but that did not answer my question. I created this thread asking for film recommendations, where you follow one protagonist throughout the entire film. You basically told me a few good notes on screenwriting, and I appreciate that, but I've already read several books and I know how important character is. I just want to see examples of how the pros have done the format I'm experimenting in.

Well, thanks for your input, I guess, but that did not answer my question. I created this thread asking for film recommendations, where you follow one protagonist throughout the entire film. You basically told me a few good notes on screenwriting, and I appreciate that, but I've already read several books and I know how important character is. I just want to see examples of how the pros have done the format I'm experimenting in.

Let me think. The protagonist is in nearly every shot or scenario!? Hmm... Project X has a similar structure you're looking for. Chris Nolan's first feature followed the protagonist around.

Back