• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

High action feature film

Thanks, Walter. I was beginning to question myself. I'm glad you could see
my intent. I genuinely feel bad that Mark was upset with my questions and
statements. You are correct regarding my intent when asking for a line item
budget.

If Mark had said, “I don't have one but I do have an overview of what I feel
is important.” I would not have later said I felt he didn't have the needed
experience to manage half a million dollars. I would have offered to help him
put together a workable budget. If he had sent a fill line item budget I would
know for sure he was experienced enough to manage half a million dollars
and be willing to donate when he set up a kickstarter campaign. I got the
impression he was pretending to know and understand more than he actually
does. There is NO shame in that. There are people here with more knowledge
and experience willing to share and help.

This will be my last post on the subject; I feel bad that my intent was so
misunderstood. I honestly wish Smithproductions success with the new campaign.

I'm sorry to the both of you. I wasn't trying to be mean. I felt like you guys were being discouraging. But I like to thank you for all the well wishes. I have moved my campaign over to kickstarter. You can check out what I've changed. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1789257042/days-end-feature-film?ref=user_menu

Last edited:
Hey Guys, I'm looking to raise funds for my film Days End. I directed, wrote, produced and starred in the short film. I'm really hoping to make this project big and unlike anything you've ever seen. I just started a indiegogo campaign with the hopes of accomplishing this. Please check out the campaign and any donations to the campaign are greatly appreciated.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/days-end-feature-film/x/8991977#/

I'm not going to criticize your failed Kickstarter fundraiser, and I'm not going to criticize your spelling or your punctuation, and I'm not going to criticize your syntax... I'm going to criticize your attitude. When people like directorik and Mlesemann and WalterB and APE give you advice, you MIGHT want to choke down your arrogance and LISTEN TO THEM! I GUARANTEE that the rest of us do! Because if Directorik told me "you do not have the knowledge and experience to manage half a million dollar", I'd be sh**ting bricks... not puffing out my chest and saying "how do you know". And while the person you're actively posting back-and-forth with may not have the $500,000 to invest in your feature. I PROMISE you that there are some silent "lurkers' here who do, people who just watched you basically tell the resident experts that YOU know more than they do. And people don't just invest in a project, they invest in the man or woman behind it.

I'm not going to criticize your failed Kickstarter fundraiser, and I'm not going to criticize your spelling or your punctuation, and I'm not going to criticize your syntax... I'm going to criticize your attitude. When people like directorik and Mlesemann and WalterB and APE give you advice, you MIGHT want to choke down your arrogance and LISTEN TO THEM! I GUARANTEE that the rest of us do! Because if Directorik told me "you do not have the knowledge and experience to manage half a million dollar", I'd be sh**ting bricks... not puffing out my chest and saying "how do you know". And while the person you're actively posting back-and-forth with may not have the $500,000 to invest in your feature. I PROMISE you that there are some silent "lurkers' here who do, people who just watched you basically tell the resident experts that YOU know more than they do. And people don't just invest in a project, they invest in the man or woman behind it.

I wasn't being arrogant at all. I was simply exampling myself through out the thread. I was listen to everything they said and offered up. I wasn't acting like I knew everything. Because I don't. Directorik and myself have apologize multiple times to each other and we're cool. I never had any intentions on doing the entire project myself either. I was simply trying to secure the funds necessary to complete my project. You can't really get any where without the proper funds and no one really wants to sign on to a project with a salary being offered. I can't even cover all the fields needed to complete the project by myself. But thanks for your reply. :)

One more thing. I was always trying to hire professionals to help with my project, but like I mentioned before. No one really is remotely interested in signing on to a project unless you offer a salary. Which I don't really blame them.

I'd just like to add to this that the attachment of named/known talent has nothing to do with procuring a micro budget for an indie film. However, as someone (Walter B maybe?) mentioned, showing via proof of concept (or at the very least, for Christs sake, the production value of your pitch video) that you indeed have the apparent (even if completely void of notoriety) talent and capacity to actually pull it off has everything to do with it. Thank goodness. This is even further amplified by a concept that is fresh, original or just plain badass in the eyes of the potential backers.

Also, I'd like to stress that I rarely see crowdfunding film campaigns (successful or otherwise) that have even a pie chart of how they intend to spend the cash, let alone a transparent film budget excel spreadsheet available for download. It's a proven unnecessary component to this process, though I do find that fact puzzling at times.

Last edited:
Back