Home Your Ad Here

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Classified Ads > Promotion

Old 11-06-2016, 11:15 PM   #16
dimkanovikov
Basic Member

I plan to release next beta in this week. And of course I will post info about it.

Last edited by dimkanovikov; 11-07-2016 at 03:09 AM.
dimkanovikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member

Old 11-07-2016, 12:54 PM   #17
maz
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimkanovikov View Post
I plan to release next beta in this week. And of course I will post info about it.
And will that include direct importing of Trelby files? If so I'll hold off trying it further until the new release I tried starting a new screenplay the other day and it just froze (but that was on a Windows XP laptop, so I can understand why it didn't work properly!)
maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 03:04 PM   #18
dimkanovikov
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maz View Post
And will that include direct importing of Trelby files? If so I'll hold off trying it further until the new release I tried starting a new screenplay the other day and it just froze (but that was on a Windows XP laptop, so I can understand why it didn't work properly!)
Yep, program will include direct importing of Trelby files. Oh, Windows XP is a long story... Library which is a core of application deprecate supporting of XP in last versions, and I just did not have enough time to find a way to resolve this trouble. Your message is an additional kick to me for search fix! And I think I'll do it in the next release too.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:43 AM   #19
dimkanovikov
Basic Member

Hi, guys! I published a new beta version KIT Scenarist 0.7.0 beta 3. It includes Trelby import, updated Final Draft templates and other improvements.
Old 11-12-2016, 09:08 AM   #20
maz
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimkanovikov View Post
Hi, guys! I published a new beta version KIT Scenarist 0.7.0 beta 3. It includes Trelby import, updated Final Draft templates and other improvements.
Thanks! Just downloaded to a Win 10 tablet and imported a Trelby file... the result seems to have worked better than the original Trelby file, which forced (CONT.), (O.S) etc to be distinct characters, although I notice that KIT doesn't automate (CONT.), which would be a useful feature! Really impressed with the layout and features though, and it might even force me out of my writer's block

One other suggestion is a zoom view of the script, if only because I sometimes write on a tablet connected to a TV, so sit on the sofa on the other side of the room to type, and it would all be quite hard to read from there. A zoom view where the area within the margins fills the entire script pane would be helpful (and a keyboard shortcut to toggle in/out of that view).

Overall, very impressed!
Old 11-12-2016, 09:15 AM   #21
dimkanovikov
Basic Member

Thanks, maz. Automation is in a near plans. And you can zoom text in script editor, in scene description editor in research text and folders, in characters and in locations. Also you can zoom corkboard and mindmaps. Just use standard zoom action for you system. On Windows and Linux: Ctrl and Mouse scroller, or Ctrl and +/-. On Mac: Cmd and +/-, or pinch on trackpad.
Old 11-12-2016, 09:27 AM   #22
maz
Basic Member

That's great! I should have tried that really, but am too used to no zoom in Trelby so felt I had to ask for it. It works well too.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:26 AM   #23
dimkanovikov
Basic Member

Simplicity is a philosophy of my project. Every standard action must be available via standard way and there is no additional visual noise for these actions.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:27 PM   #24
maz
Basic Member

It is a very clean and efficient interface

I've noticed that sometimes character names are orphaned at the bottom of pages when they should really join the dialogue on the following page. That might be a problem with importing (as that's all I've tried so far), or a more widespread issue.

A few more feature suggestions...

- Any chance of PDF import?

- And also the option for multiple windows (to work on multiple scripts simultaneously)?

- One of the main reasons for multiple windows for me is writing episodes of a series, so is there any way to implement 'series projects' that can contain more than one episode script, but share character/location autocomplete data, research, a single corkboard for series plotting etc? (I know that's a big request!)

- And finally, is there any possibility of an iOS version for the iPad (not for me, just to convince a fellow writer to finally get some screenwriting software!) ?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by maz; 11-12-2016 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-12-2016, 09:09 PM   #25
Cracker Funk
Basic Member

I haven't read the entire thread and I'm just too stoned to do that right now. Don't judge, it's legal where I live, woohoo!

I just wanted to say that I think it's really cool what you're doing, dimkanovikov, and I can't wait to give your software a try! Rock on!
Cracker Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 06:39 AM   #26
dimkanovikov
Basic Member

maz, thanks a lot!

Quote:
I've noticed that sometimes character names are orphaned at the bottom of pages when they should really join the dialogue on the following page. That might be a problem with importing (as that's all I've tried so far), or a more widespread issue.
It's not a problem with importing. It's one trouble with automated CONT'd. You can fix it when exporting script by setting advanced option "Check page breaks". But as I said early, I plan to implement text corrections on fly in next or through one release.

Quote:
- Any chance of PDF import?
Planned, but not in primary improvements.

Quote:
- And also the option for multiple windows (to work on multiple scripts simultaneously)?
Currently you can do it by starting another application instance.

Quote:
- One of the main reasons for multiple windows for me is writing episodes of a series, so is there any way to implement 'series projects' that can contain more than one episode script, but share character/location autocomplete data, research, a single corkboard for series plotting etc? (I know that's a big request!)
Are you read my plan of app evolution? Yes, It's a next big improvement which I plan to realize in version 0.8. And it will contain one more feature - production reports for all episodes in one document.

Quote:
- And finally, is there any possibility of an iOS version for the iPad (not for me, just to convince a fellow writer to finally get some screenwriting software!) ?
This is very interesting for me. But I don't have experience in mobile development and it be very exciting and useful experience. I want to do mobile versions for both iOS and Android and I'll do it someday!

---

Wazzup, Cracker Funk! Glad to hear you!
Old 11-20-2016, 06:42 AM   #27
dimkanovikov
Basic Member

Hi everybody!

Fresh beta version of app is ready! There is KIT Scenarist 0.7.0 beta 4. It includes fixes of bugs funded in past two weeks:

• greatly improved folders and scenes groups feature;
• context menu for cards and for navigator now has an action for transformation scenes to folder or scenes group and vice versa;
• fixed bug with saving order of recent projects;
• fixed bug with renaming characters and locations in some cases.

Currently this is most stable beta in 0.7.0 branch. And if we'll don't find new critical bugs in next week, I will move it to stable release.

With new release I want to share my development plans. There will be many interesting things. I'm really want to share it right now, but better we'll wait next stabilization

I wish you all a good day and sunny mood!
Old 11-20-2016, 09:06 AM   #28
maz
Basic Member

Great stuff. Will I be able to install the new beta over the previous release, or will I have to uninstall/reinstall?
Old 11-20-2016, 09:17 AM   #29
dimkanovikov
Basic Member

You don't need delete it, just install it over old version.

Last edited by dimkanovikov; 11-20-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:38 PM   #30
dimkanovikov
Basic Member

Hello my friends!

We have some delay with moving to stable release. That is because was found some errors which make crash the Windows version of application.

And we release new KIT Scenarist version 0.7.0 beta 5.

Windows unlike Mac OS X or Linux don't provide way to access to details information about application state on crash moment and I integrated crash handler module to application itself. Now when application starts after crash you will can send error report. Please don't ignore this reports, if we'll can collect many reports we'll have great possibility to fix all errors that makes crashes. In additional to report please write what actions was lead to crash, there is special fields in report dialog for this.

I hope now we can collect enough information about errors and make application more and more stable.

Have a good day!