Leads Needed for Gay-Themed Feature

Prod Co's or Agencies for Gay-Themed Feature???

Hi everyone,

Having recently completed my new feature drama, WISH ME ON MY WAY, I'm in the process of getting it out to producers and agents, and could use any leads you might have. Although I envision it being done fairly economically, due to the script's musical elements it won't be able to be done as a truly low-budget film either. Any leads you might have would be appreciated!

LOGLINE: WISH ME ON MY WAY
A gay theater director, more comfortable living a life of musical fantasy, struggles against his insecurities to embrace a more rich, full, and true existence.

SYNOPSIS
Facing his 40’s as a single gay man, regional theater director Robert Standard is stalled, personally and professionally. Though smart, attractive, and charming, whenever emotionally challenged, Robert retreats into his head, preferring the bright sheen of musical fantasy to the darker elements of real life.

Though he spends his days surrounded by loving friends, including acerbic Rachel and fun-loving Meeka, Robert still feels that something is missing from his life.

The unexpected return of an old flame, Trey, catches Robert off guard, causing him to reexamine his feelings for Trey and the actions that lead to their breakup. At the same time, confusing matters, Robert encounters new love in the form of Cirque performer Ivar. These two very different people lead Robert to examine the choices he has made and how they have affected his life and being.

While attempting to navigate these relationships, Robert discovers that Trey is ill and has returned home to die. Devastated, Robert learns he can no longer retreat into his head. In order to live a more rich, full and true existence, he will have to face his insecurities and overcome his fears.

Only by emotionally participating in life will Robert ever escape from the world of musical fantasy in his head, enabling him to truly and fully “sing.”

AUTHOR
I have directed numerous theatrical productions, winning awards for both Best Play and Meritous Direction at the Kennedy Center. As a UCLA theater major, I won the Doris Packer Award for Graduating Senior. Additionally, I am a published author, with various short stories appearing in a number of publications. Further, my screenplays have placed highly in competitions such as the Nicholls (top 1%) and Writer’s Digest (top 25). As for myself, I live in Orange County, with my partner Russ and our two adopted sons Mason (7) and Marcus (5).

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
I like the theme but I doubt it would be broadly accepted, however I wish you in your venture as it is a challenging topic and will attract specific gay community for movie going. All the best! :)

I like the theme but I doubt it would be broadly accepted, however I wish you in your venture as it is a challenging topic and will attract specific gay community for movie going. All the best! :)

....well, you can never tell. Though it had a bigger budget, no one is going to deny what Boys Don't Cry was....

-- spinner :cool:

Back