Strangest day of filming I've ever had

If you don't know this already, I've been working on filming a zombie series called "The Biohazard". It's a miniseries with each episode being around 10 minutes. Yesterday I filmed most of the second episode of the biohazard, I filmed the parts that would need zombies, and I'm going to go back another time and film dialogue parts with actors.

Anyway, the first scene took place on some secluded railroad tracks in my town that trains don't travel on anymore. When we first got there I noticed there was a random concrete beam about 20 feet high that had the word "zombie" graffitied on it - pretty cool, but that's nothing. Next, some homeless guy came down the tracks smoking some type of illegal drug and drinking out of a handle of alcohol. He didn't really get in the way of the shooting (we just filmed farther down), but he stopped where we "set up base" (aka all equipment, drink coolers, etc.) and was trying to sell some cast members drugs and trying to pick fights. Luckily we had a cast member who said he "already had a dealer" and then he "took care of the situation".

284525_205271782856436_108820002501615_606280_2786571_n-1.jpg

We got everything we needed at that location then moved on to the walking bridge to film some final scenes. As we were about to start filming we heard police sirens... F*** da police right? Maybe not :D. I recently posted a thread asking how to film in public places, and I took some advice, filmed at a time when not many people were there, had a small cast, and went handheld. As far as I was concerned, we were tourists who like to film each other walking around like zombies.

Anyway the police came and started running towards us but then turned and went down a path to the riverside. Then an ambulance and firetruck came, and it turned out that some guy was doing drugs or something and then went swimming and was found unconcious. Pic below of him getting carried off

283280_205272592856355_108820002501615_606291_4822631_n.jpg

In conclusion, one of the lead actors had to leave at a certain time. Had the homeless guy not caused us to lose time at the train tracks, and had the fire trucks, ambulances, and police not been at our second location for so long we may have been able to film the final scene before the actor had to leave. On the other hand, we went swimming instead and everyone had a great time so we're just going to finish the final scene in a few days. Oh, and we got a sweet cast photo in front of a police car. can be viewed below

268145_205272279523053_108820002501615_606287_1025124_n-1.jpg

Last edited:
I think the last pic is simply epic! Everyone shirtless and then the sound guy with his headphones on and with the boompole in his hand :D

Even the best Hollywood wrap parties don't have swimming! Cool pics.

Back