Large scale collaboration help

Hi my name is Jamie and im new to the forums here. I am a student from London and I have always been fascinated with large scale online collaboration projects.

I have set up a project which I call "The Life Project" (www.the-lifeproject.com)

The Life Project will explore what it means to be happy. The idea behind it is that people send in a short video clip (no longer than 30 seconds) that represents what it is that makes them happy, be it the person they love or a place that is special to them. This will then be cut into a short film. It will give us a unique insight into what it means to be happy and what makes people all over the world happy today.

My issue is getting the word out and getting enough contribution from people to make this work. I come to these forums to ask how can I get the word out and if anyone else has undertaken a project similar to this? and also to ask you to submit your own clips, as well as being part of this, it is actually very good film making practise. Ask yourself how do you capture what makes you happy in just 30 seconds?

Thank you and I look forward to hearing your responses

Jamie

Your page doesn't specify in what format you want your contributed footage to be uploaded in. Does it matter?

Also, you might want to include a release form as part of the uploading process. Even a clickable checkbox that says "By pressing Upload, you give us blah blah blah..." would be a ghetto way of doing this, if you're keeping the page as simple as possible.

Good luck!

anyone else has undertaken a project similar to this?

There's many worldwide collabs going on, sure. We shot a 60 second piece for a global vampire/femme-fatale conspiracy film a few months back ourselves. Going to be interesting to see how that monster gets edited together. :lol:

Ron Howard's done some really interesting things with anybody-submitted material, too. He's the only big name I can think of, though I'm sure there's others.

Back