• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Eddie Murphy Quits the Oscars!

It's too bad Eddie Murphy won't be doing it, I thought it was a good choice. But I keep hearing that "he is out", not "he quit".

I thought James Franco and Anne Hathaway were fine as hosts. Maybe they weren't fall-out-of-your-chair funny, but they were amusing. Some people said they were boring, but I think those folks were looking for some scandal or embarrassment or a bad dress to rip on. When that didn't happen, they were bored. People get tired of being singled out as a laughing stock, so everyone is more conservative now.

-- spinner :cool:

EDIT: Now the Independent Spirit Awards! That's good TV!

yawn.gif

The current LA scuttlebutt centers on names like Neil Patrick Harris or Ricky Gervais, or even on bringing back Hugh Jackman. I strongly approve of the first two; Hollywood is no doubt still mad at Gervais for his Golden Globes comments, as they can't take a real joke. And I enjoyed Jackman's old-school, song-and-dance approach to hosting.

The odd thing about the Ricky Gervais thing is that the Hollywood Foreign Press has now asked him to host this upcoming year's Golden Globe Awards. I thought for sure he would never host again, but I was wrong.

I like the movement to have the Muppets host. But my second (and realistic) choice is definitely Ricky Gervais. He killed at the Golden Globes.

I like the movement to have the Muppets host. But my second (and realistic) choice is definitely Ricky Gervais. He killed at the Golden Globes.

I would love to see Ricky Gervais at the Oscars but I think there are a couple of significant reasons against him hosting: firstly they're going to be steering clear of controversy after all this and secondly he's already booked to host the Globes again.

EDIT: Actually I amend this because he's not yet been booked for the Globes. But he's bound to host them again.

Last edited:
Back