• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Pearl Harbor: 70 Years Later

Hi everyone,

Today being December 7th, I naturally thought it would be a fitting time to share this film with you. I have mixed feelings about it, but I hope it will still serve in some measure as a fitting commemoration of an important event in United States and World War II history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A3KQMilk5A

Thanks,
Caritasfounder

Thanks.... I guess I intended it for a general audience, but I think it could be helpful to middle school and high school students learning about World War II. I mean, it is pretty short and (I think) simple, and so I think it could help bring the text book information to life. But I guess it would depend on the students.

I'm sorry to be so brutally frank, but there's just not much content here. If I were a teacher, I wouldn't want to use this as any sort of educational tool.

I think it works well as a meditative recollection of past events, but in order for it to make any sense, you would first have to be pretty well-educated in the history of said events (as you and I are).

But for someone who is learning about this for the first time, there's really nothing in this video for them to learn. I mean, dude, you covered the entire war in 7 minutes, and you did it mostly with musical montages of stock photos. That can be fun to watch and reflect on, if you know what you're watching, but it's not very informative if you don't have the education to understand the context.

Thank you documentarytube and rockerrockstar for the postive comments.

Cracker Funk, I can see your point somewhat. This probably wouldn't be very helpful in trying to pass a test on these subjects. But I think someone can still learn something outside of "book knowledge" stuff, such as how people who were alive then reacted to the news, how the newspaper addressed these things a decade later, etc. So I agree with you somewhat, but I think it is a bit more than you might consider it. To each his own as they say...

Back