• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My Movies, Nuclear Hamster Production

hi, new member here. Seems like an interesting site, as I am a indie film-maker myself. I could start of by showing the films I've made for the last few years. Mainly action based films,

YouTube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/NuclearHamsterPro

Might not be shakespeare but please check out my movies =)

I'm currently working on an exiting and ambitious new project that we will start filming by early summer, which I'd like you share with you in the future. Sorry if my English isn't perfect.

very impressed with your work...WOW!!...welcome to the boards...also if your ever looking for a score and/or music for your film, Id love to work with you...I can send you some samples if interestd, keep up the great work

Doug
duugfresh@gmail.com

ps. Your english isnt bad at all

Very entertaining stuff! I watched the STAR WARS battle and all 3 parts of TIME OF THE SUPER PREDATOR, plus a couple of other clips. You do a good job of weaving your visual effects into an interesting story. I think you are a filmmaker to watch for.

Oh my goodness you have some top of the line stuff! I do have a funny question: On that building that he walks buy it reads "Super Cool" Is that a real building?

You have some nicely composed shots in your films as well as some good editing, however, there are a few major things holding your pictures back:

* The sound is amateur and needs a lot of work. I suggest you invest in a boom and capture your audio properly. Sound is at least half of your movie, and when I can't hear your actors, or ambient sound is crispy and poppy it takes me out of the moment and immediately reminds me this is a film made by beginners.

* The lighting is flat and needs refinement. Do a little research on lighting design or hire someone that knows how to do it. It will increase the production value of your film and make your visuals much more interesting.

* Your actors are too young. Yes, I understand you're making these films with your friends, but until you move past the 'friend-made movie' approach, you will always have that stigma and your films will not be taken seriously. Hold auditions and get real actors...older actors.

On a side note your YT Channel has the name of your company misspelled. Also your AE intro to your first film says Nuclear Hamster Production...you're missing an 's' there at the end me thinks.

Great work though. Don't get me wrong, you're well on your way to creating some solid films...you just have to take the next step. Keep it up.

You have some nicely composed shots in your films as well as some good editing, however, there are a few major things holding your pictures back:

* The sound is amateur and needs a lot of work. I suggest you invest in a boom and capture your audio properly. Sound is at least half of your movie, and when I can't hear your actors, or ambient sound is crispy and poppy it takes me out of the moment and immediately reminds me this is a film made by beginners.

* The lighting is flat and needs refinement. Do a little research on lighting design or hire someone that knows how to do it. It will increase the production value of your film and make your visuals much more interesting.

* Your actors are too young. Yes, I understand you're making these films with your friends, but until you move past the 'friend-made movie' approach, you will always have that stigma and your films will not be taken seriously. Hold auditions and get real actors...older actors.

On a side note your YT Channel has the name of your company misspelled. Also your AE intro to your first film says Nuclear Hamster Production...you're missing an 's' there at the end me thinks.

Great work though. Don't get me wrong, you're well on your way to creating some solid films...you just have to take the next step. Keep it up.
thanks for your feedback mate! Misspelled? you must have read wrong, eh, s`?

anyway, sound is yeah the deafult mic sucks in the camera but I both an external mic to use in future movies, and if something goes wrong I could do ADR I guess so hopefully it will sound better in the future.

lighting... hm, do you suggest me to buy a huge light on a tripod for scenes inside or? What do you do outdoors? reflection plate?

actors yeah, well I dont know any adult who can act well for me. Also one of my friend who played the main person in Beyond The Target really sucked, I know =p and teens doesnt fit in as military yeah but it will make more sense in my next project.

But yeah, please recommend something for me with lighting, not too expensive, that sounds like a part I dont have much control of at the moment

Excellent work. (sound and actors not with standing.. you rock!)

Its a T thats missing on the youtube ch. logo (top of the screen next to the subscribe button) "Nuclear Hamser Production"
But thats fine with me!

You have good quality on youtube, would you mind explaining what workflow you use to get that? What settings do you use for your final render for upload? Also pointers on that extra wide format would be great!

also, are you using "cloning" for the balaclava wearing bad guys? I only ask because if so, awesome job. I know that another board member would like some tips on cloning.

Thanks

Something you guys might be missing - how many people can make a have hour movie (SUPER PREDATOR) and shoot themselves in an engaging story. You see, one person make a whole movie. Amazing. Now that he knows how to clone himself, he can have conversations, too!

yes, the terrorist dudes were clones =p we were only 3 guys making the film
I guess I could share tips on cloning, even tho I can't make everything I still know how to create certain clone shots used in high budget stuff
Something you guys might be missing - how many people can make a have hour movie (SUPER PREDATOR) and shoot themselves in an engaging story. You see, one person make a whole movie. Amazing. Now that he knows how to clone himself, he can have conversations, too!
haha indeed

I guess I could share tips on cloning, even tho I can't make everything I still know how to create certain clone shots used in high budget stuff

You should! I love how easy it is, but would like to hear anything you have up your sleeve. In EXILE, I didn't have the money to pay actors for pickup shots, so I played all 3 guys in an infantry patrol.

In THE AWAKENING, we kept using the same 6 guys for a Black Op army. In this pic, the guys on the left side are also the guys on the right side! :D

opsshootlara.jpg

thanks both of you =)
filmcomposerdf, offical score is always really really nice but i'm not a millioner if you see what i mean.

well your in luck haha cause right now Im doing pro bono work to build a resume and Id love to work with a great filmmaker like you so again, if your interested in hearing samples, let me know

Im having someone else score my little Firetruck movie, and they are treating it like a freaking oscar contender even though all they'll get are some credits on a DVD that nobody will ever see! (cept the firemen and their families.. ) People just like to be a part of something.. beyond themselves.. :)

You have a vision, you can sell that vision, people will help, for free, just to be a part of it.. am I right?

You should! I love how easy it is, but would like to hear anything you have up your sleeve. In EXILE, I didn't have the money to pay actors for pickup shots, so I played all 3 guys in an infantry patrol.

In THE AWAKENING, we kept using the same 6 guys for a Black Op army. In this pic, the guys on the left side are also the guys on the right side! :D
well I guess you could pm me or something if you wonder what kind of shot(s) your looking for

thanks for your feedback mate! Misspelled? you must have read wrong, eh, s`?

anyway, sound is yeah the deafult mic sucks in the camera but I both an external mic to use in future movies, and if something goes wrong I could do ADR I guess so hopefully it will sound better in the future.

lighting... hm, do you suggest me to buy a huge light on a tripod for scenes inside or? What do you do outdoors? reflection plate?

actors yeah, well I dont know any adult who can act well for me. Also one of my friend who played the main person in Beyond The Target really sucked, I know =p and teens doesnt fit in as military yeah but it will make more sense in my next project.

But yeah, please recommend something for me with lighting, not too expensive, that sounds like a part I dont have much control of at the moment

As far as the 's' misspelling, I figured you would want your AE intro to read Nuclear Hamster Productions...with an 's' at the end...that's usually how a company is credited. You have several different ways you're using not consistent with each other...is there an 's' or isn't there? I would suggest adding an 's' and making sure all usage of the name is identical.

I know it's a hard thing to swallow, but you're going to need to spend some money if you want to improve your films. This includes a lighting kit and a boom mic. Absolutely necessary if you want to create solid looking and sounding films (unless you're a lighting genius and know how to work around that).

I'm not sure what a starter lighting kit runs, but I know a decent boom package will set you back around $400 to $500. That may seem like a lot, but it's necessary. If your movie sounds like a home movie, people aren't going to take you seriously. How dialog sounds and your overall sound design is crucial to your overall movie.

Read this forum post for lighting options: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/photon-management/37863-heres-good-starter-light-kit.html

Bare in mind, you can also post on social networks a call for someone with a lighting kit and boom. They may very well work pro bono for you.

And as far as your actors...hold auditions. That's how most of us do it. Having legit actors (of appropriate age) is a must if you want your film to be taken seriously.

Good luck my man.

As far as the 's' misspelling, I figured you would want your AE intro to read Nuclear Hamster Productions...with an 's' at the end...that's usually how a company is credited. You have several different ways you're using not consistent with each other...is there an 's' or isn't there? I would suggest adding an 's' and making sure all usage of the name is identical.

I know it's a hard thing to swallow, but you're going to need to spend some money if you want to improve your films. This includes a lighting kit and a boom mic. Absolutely necessary if you want to create solid looking and sounding films (unless you're a lighting genius and know how to work around that).

I'm not sure what a starter lighting kit runs, but I know a decent boom package will set you back around $400 to $500. That may seem like a lot, but it's necessary. If your movie sounds like a home movie, people aren't going to take you seriously. How dialog sounds and your overall sound design is crucial to your overall movie.

Read this forum post for lighting options: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/photon-management/37863-heres-good-starter-light-kit.html

Bare in mind, you can also post on social networks a call for someone with a lighting kit and boom. They may very well work pro bono for you.

And as far as your actors...hold auditions. That's how most of us do it. Having legit actors (of appropriate age) is a must if you want your film to be taken seriously.

Good luck my man.

I think its very important to note, that if you show some highlights of your current camera work, coherent story telling techniques, directing work and skill level, which really is above most amateurs, you'll have no trouble finding quality actors that WANT to join you in your quest to create quality cinema. Your movies show that you put a LOT of work into it, that you will not just "drop" it when the next Halo mod comes out.. ! You can easily demand some respect, especial, if you acknowledge your strengths, ALONG WITH your weaknesses. I think your about to step OUT of your comfort zone... :yes: can you do it? Ill be watching.. lol

Back