• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Battle of Britain Short Film

Two years ago, I dreamt to make a film like this. I couldn't have done it without the help of everyone

I want to thank you guys so much for the support and effort you've put in to help this project get completed

So, £260 later, TheNerdCreations is proud to present, a Battle of Britain Short Film 'Somewhere over Dover'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LONZuM04ppI

I think the candles at the beginning could be shortened a bit. Or perhaps add a title during that time. You did a good job on most scenes but some weird things happened at different times for instance, when the plane swooped way down and almost hit the two guys the plane and shadow was off. I would suggest using the 3d camera tracker which is already built into AE (if that is what you are using.) And in a couple scenes the plane would like glitch by folding in some weird way. I think another thing that would have made it better would be giving the audience more insight to the characters. I was confused throughout the movie on who was who. I think your transitions need to be different, the movie seemed choppy. You would be watching then suddenly it would cut to when they had landed. Now for the good parts! I have worked a little bit with 3d planes and I have to say you did a good job. It can be tricky working with them. I loved the crash scenes. It was cool the way you followed them down with the twirling and such. And I liked the dates you put up. I am very fond of those, it really helps follow the time and adds a realism, because now you have a sense of time. So overall good job.

Some good analysis and constructive criticism :)

The one shot where the aircraft swooped down was always a tricky addition, not to mention landing sequences are also very tricky to pull off which is why certain shots were removed and sound was used instead

I think part of that also lies in the screenplay - it was one of my first screenplays and so the film had to have additions made afterwards such as the early morning and typewriter scenes so the narrative would work, as it also helped separate the fractions of time

The dates helped me get a sense of time (before in the screenplay there was none) and are matched historically accurately to the rise of the fighting (such things as the first night of the blitz)

Thank you for your feedback! :)

Well, The first film about this particular great battle to not glamorize its violence, "Battle of Britain" is told in a straightforward and compelling fashion. Highly recommended. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back