• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Sci Fi Alien Short - Zedic & the Crimson Born

My first short film :)

Watch preview: http://alienscifimovie.com/

The movie concept is based on the premise that Earth has been visited many times by the Yetra species during human civilization, including thousands of years ago during the period of giant monoliths and hundreds of years ago during the cultural Renaissance. These aliens have decided that they must incorporate some of their own DNA into that of selected humans to advance Homo sapiens to a higher level of consciousness.

ZedicandtheCrimsonBorn-PosterWeb-200x300.png

Looks interesting to me DanO ... I am a freak for all things Sci Fi ....

I would love to have seen more cut scenes from the movie and a voice over in the trailer .... would engage me more and entice me to rent it ... but I rented it anyway! Watching it soon ... Hope it goes well with the feature.

Cheers!

Joa - cool, I'm a sci fi freak too! In fact I wanted to do more acting but I was only interested in doing sci fi so that is the main reason I created the short. I'm in a couple of the scenes - one of the creepy guys in sunglasses.

The trailer was definitely a learning experience and I'll do the next one more like you say for sure!

I shot, edited and did the music for the entire short myself. So the production quality is more experimental, along the lines of what you might see in ghost hunting shows, which I am a huge fan of. I did hire out for the red special effects and the opener.

I also hired professional illustrator Mark Elliot to do the alien. I used software called CrazyTalk to animate him. You map all the points on the face of the illustration, add your audio - and the illustration comes to life like magic - amazing software! You can also script various emotions into the face in a timeline style interface. CrazyTalk costs only about $100.

I'm now working on a feature version of the story with the writer Karen Buckton. For this one I'm going to be exec producer and focus on the business plan, distribution, marketing and most importantly - raising money to hire a producer to get the film made.

Last edited:
Back