need feedback for our new DVD COVER DESIGN !

Best cover options

I liked #4 best, but I like a classic look to my DVDs. I think the one that would grab the most attention then it's #2. Has a very "Saw" like feel to it and would probably appeal more the horror fans. I thought #2 was a bit too exploitative, but if that's what you're going for so be it.

I'd say it depends on your market and where you expect to get most of your business. #2 is the standout if you think you are aiming for the horror genre or try to get into a video rental store. The other covers featuring the actresses have more of a soft-core exploitation feel to them. That may embarrass some potential renters in a video store, but catch more eyes for online ordering. Of the remaining, I would opt for #3. The clean imagery looks more professional than #1, and the green background would make it stand out in a sea of DVD covers with black backgrounds.

They all have their strengths and weakness but the one thing that bothered me was the title font. It took me a good 15-seconds to figure out it was english. I think I get what you're trying to do with the font but you want the cover and the title to catch the viewers attention. You may want to modify the font just slightly. Just my two cents. :)

Back