• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Have a look... At the teaser for 'GLIMMA'!

Thanks for the link. However, I find it pretty hard to make a trailer for a 15 min. short, without giving too much away. Thinking about it, I actually don't care much for trailers when they are too "selling" and almost follows a predetermined pattern. And, of course you are right in that it should sell. I just have a hard time thinking of how to make my short be like that. Perhaps I'll give it a try.

Go watch the trailer for The Conjuring... then go watch the Conjuring... every single scare in the movie is included in the trailer.

If you don't actually care about trailers "selling" and "following a predetermined pattern" then you should consider just making art films.

That's not to be harsh... that's the reality of show BUSINESS.

For a short, you don't need a 2 minute trailer. Try cutting a nice quick 30 second commercial and if you haven't yet (and you really really should before you write your script), get to know your target market.

Look at House at the End of the Street... sold as horror in the trailer but nothing more than a thriller in reality.

What I'm saying is that a trailer does not have to tell a story. Not that my trailer is comparable to The Shining. See my point?

No, you did not understand what I wrote. Sorry, for me being unclear. I compared your trailer with the Shining trailer, not with the film.

No, you did not understand what I wrote. Sorry, for me being unclear. I compared your trailer with the Shining trailer, not with the film.

I understood what you wrote perfectly fine. That's exactly what I meant, and perhaps I detect some sarcasm now. Sorry for being unclear. Did you realize what I meant now, by saying that trailers does not have to tell a story?

Last edited:
Go watch the trailer for The Conjuring... then go watch the Conjuring... every single scare in the movie is included in the trailer.

If you don't actually care about trailers "selling" and "following a predetermined pattern" then you should consider just making art films.

That's not to be harsh... that's the reality of show BUSINESS.

For a short, you don't need a 2 minute trailer. Try cutting a nice quick 30 second commercial and if you haven't yet (and you really really should before you write your script), get to know your target market.

Look at House at the End of the Street... sold as horror in the trailer but nothing more than a thriller in reality.

However, my goal with this film is not at all to make any kind of profit. The goal is to make a film that some may enjoy and to send it to some festivals, and hopefully get some screenings. But I'll have a go on trying to create a selling trailer..

Last edited:
I understood what you wrote perfectly fine. That's exactly what I meant, and perhaps I detect some sarcasm now. Sorry for being unclear. Did you realize what I meant now, by saying that trailers does not have to tell a story?

You seem not to get it, I will stop discussing here. Just wanted to show, that a blooding elevator can tell a story (as can a single image), its something very special, that wakes interest.

Last edited:
If your visuals are powerful enough to give the viewer a sense of what the movie is about without using dialogue, great. But you should throw in some dialogue for a trailer.

If your visuals are powerful enough to give the viewer a sense of what the movie is about without using dialogue, great. But you should throw in some dialogue for a trailer.

Thanks. Not much dialogue in this film at all though. And the little there is, is about the confusion of the characters. And, as a mystery, that is what it's about. But perhaps that would benefit the trailer to put it in there.

Back