• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Have a look... At the teaser for 'GLIMMA'!

This is the not-so-telling Teaser Trailer for my upcoming short, 'Glimma'.

I'm thinkning about creating a second one, just a bit more revealing, once the Color Grading for the whole film is finished.

Planning on sending the film to a few festivals before making it available online.

Feel free to check out the Facebook Page and the Production Blog.

'GLIMMA' TEASER

Production co: Pine Hill Films
Year: 2013
Running Time: 14 mins
Starring: Erik Borgeke, Henrik Svalander
Production Crew: Carl-Johan WestregÄrd, Marcus Fredricson
Director: Johan Windh

Last edited:
Ok... the first time I saw the wide shot of the house, I said hey... nice use of natural framing.

The second time I said, hey... why isn't the house in focus and the leaves soft.

The third time I'm like... for the love of Pete move the camera already!

Personally, I don't get it and based on your trailers, would have no interest in seeing more.

This is not meant to be an attack. This is legit criticism.

Ok... the first time I saw the wide shot of the house, I said hey... nice use of natural framing.

The second time I said, hey... why isn't the house in focus and the leaves soft.

The third time I'm like... for the love of Pete move the camera already!

Personally, I don't get it and based on your trailers, would have no interest in seeing more.

This is not meant to be an attack. This is legit criticism.

Thank you for your input. I'm sorry you're not interested in my film.

Okay I just watched the 2nd trailer and honestly, i'm left confused and not that interested.

The information I got from this trailer: There's a house, its 7;22 in the morning, and 2 guys go fishing.
They are totally amazed, because wow, there is a house. Oh, then there's a house again, and now there's just one guy breathing very heavily in the rain. The end.

The camera work and sound are solid (although I'm not a fan of the overly heavy breathing that seems
to be rampant in indie films these days, especially indie horror flicks). But the story of the trailer, i just don't get it.

A good trailer is more than just a few good looking shots from your movie. Its supposed to tell something about the story,
What do you want to say, why do we care? Good visuals are nice but it's not going to make me watch your film,
there's a lot of films with good visuals i can watch.

Try to tell a story, sell us your hook.

Last edited:
Okay I just watched the 2nd trailer and honestly, i'm left confused and not that interested.

The information I got from this trailer: There's a house, its 7;22 in the morning, and 2 guys go fishing.
They are totally amazed, because wow, there is a house. Oh, then there's a house again, and now there's just one guy breathing very heavily in the rain. The end.

The camera work and sound are solid (although I'm not a fan of the overly heavy breathing that seems
to be rampant in indie films these days, especially indie horror flicks). But the story of the trailer, i just don't get it.

A good trailer is more than just a few good looking shots from your movie. Its supposed to tell something about the story,
What do you want to say, why do we care? Good visuals are nice but it's not going to make me watch your film,
there's a lot of films with good visuals i can watch.

Try to tell a story, sell us your hook.

Thanks for your input. I'm happy that people find the sound to be OK (I agree, the breathing in the last clip is a bit too much, it's not that prominent in the film), as I hate the sound bit, and did more or less everything by myself on this project, at least editing and mixing.

The point of the story is that it is a mystery. Watching the final film will not provide answers to everything, and thus, much less a teaser for the short. That is sort of the point. Although my hopes were that people will be a bit intrigued by it. Not the opposite.

The way they act when coming to the house, the time of day and the fearful look of the character in the ending clip are all vital points of the main plot. But like I said, it is a mystery. And that's what one has to take it for.

As for your thoughts on what makes a good trailer, let's agree to disagree. This is one of my all time faves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEew7zvpAWE

Last edited:
I see you use some grain. What grain is this?
BTW The sound of breathing was recorded in studio? I think it's too loud.

I see you use some grain. What grain is this?
BTW The sound of breathing was recorded in studio? I think it's too loud.

Hi, yes I use RGrain. 35mm Lush. Yep, it's a bit too loud perhaps, for extra effect. Not as loud in the film.

So I looked at the TRAILER 2. And it is pretty strange... um, the music doesn't really fit the visuals somehow, the visuals are too vibrant and smooth, and the music makes me want to see old horror movie style visuals... and also the two guys look a bit goofy, reminded me of that horror comedy movie "Tucker & Dale vs Evil". As far as understanding what the movie is about, all I get is it is supposed be a "cabin in the woods" horror genre... the house is alive or something, the guys are supposed to be paranoid or losing their minds... but it is not really effectively selling that if that indeed is what you're getting at.

Looks fantastic! My kind of film. Although this is not something sellable.

A TRAILER IS AN ADVERTISEMENT, NOT A FILM.

Imagine you are selling a product to a group of 10 different people in a room. Within a few seconds, you have to grab their attention or they give up. You have to hold their attention for a minute and a half. How are you going to do that.

Best of luck.

Looks fantastic! My kind of film. Although this is not something sellable.

A TRAILER IS AN ADVERTISEMENT, NOT A FILM.

Imagine you are selling a product to a group of 10 different people in a room. Within a few seconds, you have to grab their attention or they give up. You have to hold their attention for a minute and a half. How are you going to do that.

Best of luck.

Thanks.

So, if you take one of my favorite films as an example to compare:
Your trailer is generic, there is nothing special, nothing "WOW". Compare that with a blooding elevator. Do you see the difference?

What I'm saying is that a trailer does not have to tell a story. Not that my trailer is comparable to The Shining. See my point?

Based on the comments in this thread I now consider to remove the trailers completely.

Would that be a wise move? Perhaps they are hurting the interest in the film rather than anything else.

Thanks for the link. I find it pretty hard to make a trailer for a 15 min. short, without giving too much away. Thinking about it, I actually don't care much for trailers when they are too "selling" and almost follows a predetermined pattern. And, of course you are right in that it should sell. I just have a hard time thinking of how to make my short be like that. Perhaps I'll give it a try.

Last edited:
Back