• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

About Audiosparx

Hi everybody,

as I wrote in my Introduction and in the Promotion room, some months ago I decided to enter the Film and Documentary Music arena, and uploaded some musics to Audiosparx.
In your opinion, is it a good idea to upload music to that kind of websites?
In other words, do Filmmakers buy pre-built music?
I know that in general Film music is producted inside a project, based on scripts, footages etc. , and that, obviously, direct contacts and relationships among the project team members are important.
But in some cases, is there interest to pre-built music?
So, is it worthwhile to upload tracks there?
Your opinions about that would be very important to me.

Thank you in advance!

Luigi

Audiosparx.
In your opinion, is it a good idea to upload music to that kind of websites?
In other words, do Filmmakers buy pre-built music?

Yes, filmmakers do buy stock music.

Whether Audiosparx is a good outlet or not, I have no idea. Never heard of 'em.

The (really terrible) film linked in my sig actually has 3 stock music purchases in it. I forget where we got the music from, but it was like $25 per track. I have no idea how much went to the company, and how much went to the composer. (All three were ambient pieces)

There are a lot of free alternatives out there, as well. Spend 5 minutes on MySpace Music, and you can be guaranteed to find a band/performer willing to sell their soul to be involved (for free) in somone's film project.

Additionally, there is software such as SmartSound that can generate whatever background music you like - down to the exact frame length. That's more the kind of tool used by those who make industrials & local cable commercials, imo.

Will you make a tonne of money doing it? I dunno. If it's a legit company, it sure couldn't hurt to try.

Yes, filmmakers do buy stock music.

Whether Audiosparx is a good outlet or not, I have no idea. Never heard of 'em.

The (really terrible) film linked in my sig actually has 3 stock music purchases in it. I forget where we got the music from, but it was like $25 per track. I have no idea how much went to the company, and how much went to the composer. (All three were ambient pieces)

There are a lot of free alternatives out there, as well. Spend 5 minutes on MySpace Music, and you can be guaranteed to find a band/performer willing to sell their soul to be involved (for free) in somone's film project.

Additionally, there is software such as SmartSound that can generate whatever background music you like - down to the exact frame length. That's more the kind of tool used by those who make industrials & local cable commercials, imo.

Will you make a tonne of money doing it? I dunno. If it's a legit company, it sure couldn't hurt to try.

Thanks Steve.
Hey, 97 views but only your reply to this thread. Have I pressed some wrong key on my piano? :)

Yes, I know that there is a lot of free stuff out there, and in addition piracy is a big problem for musicians and also for you Filmmakers. And I understand that we all need to cut costs.
I hope that Audiosparx work fine at least as showcase

Oh yes, it'd be great if I made a tonne of money, but at the moment I'd be happy simply selling one piece. :)

About Audiosparx, in my opinion they are a serious company. Let's see what's going to happen.

AudioSparx Works Well for Pro Sound Editors

Hi Guys,

I'm the licensing director and a partner at AudioSparx. We've been operating for 14 years now with significant success. We represent music from over 2,600 different artists, publishers, producers and bands. We've licensed music and sound effects for every type of commercial use imaginable (film, tv, radio, internet, corporate, products, software, games, theatre, and much more).

While it is true you can find free music, the advantages of a site like AudioSparx is that our clients can immediately browse into 31 different genres of music, or use our advanced HyperSearch feature that has 17 different filters, to find exactly the kind of music they need in a hurry. For instance, you can run a search for a romantic track, with saxaphone, with a duration of 2 minutes or longer, with a bittersweet mood, with a specific price range. Or for a pop music track, with female vocals, with happy mood, for an after-school production. Time is money and trolling around MySpace for these kind of tracks would take hours, if not days. With over 100,000 music tracks in 31 different genres, we have the music to meet every kind of production need. We also have over 7,500 exclusive music tracks for media companies that require exclusive music.

Regards,

Lee Johnson
lee@audiosparx.com
www.AudioSparx.com

Last edited:
Back