Name talent upon name talent

We have a couple of actors who have played in a couple of big name productions (a couple of Harry Potter movies, a local show which has 7 million viewers etc...) In fact, our cup runneth over as we have a recognisable actor in a global series (ended in 2003) we can't use because there is no part for her and we also have another actor playing in a couple of series we're trying to use!

I have a system for approaching local, recognisable name talent which seems to have worked a little too well and we now have too many actors who are in good shows who are interested! Need to reign this back in a little but they seem to be signing up for really low rates (below SAG in the US) because they seem to like the screenplay. As a note: Thanks to MLesemann for your comments and support. Amazingly helpful!

The question now is how do we leverage these to get 'name' actors with a more significant following? So actors who currently have a little genuine, international box office draw.

How do you do it?

Last edited:
Congrats! And I'm so glad I was able to help.

One thing I'd suggest - if you haven't done it already - is get the movie listed on IMDB as "in pre-production." It's much easier to do than it used to be (Amazon owns IMDB so they're more attuned to marketing than they used to be). This means that when you submit a script to the agent of an actor who you'd like to cast, they will see that Actor X has been cast. If an actor is interested but not ready to be listed as "cast" in the movie, ask if you can list them as "attached." All of those things will help you to pitch it to another level of actor.

Back