canon rebel t5i

so, i just found a t5i for $700 canadian. i was planning on buying a t3i but it was going to cost me as much as this t5i. im just curious if anyone as any experience with the t5i and/or the t3i and if this is as good a deal as i feel it is. (it also comes with the canon 50mm f1.8 lens and the 18-55mm that is the default.)

Well, I use a T3i, and I adore it. However, if I was posed with the position to buy one or the other at the same price, as you are, I'd choose the latter model.

I don't think the upgrade to the t5i will make too much of a difference, for video shooting, anyway. It seems the upgrade is more designed to be cosmetic, adding the touchscreen and whatnot, than hardware based. (Though the hardware is superior - better processor, sensor, etc.)

Here's a link to a comparison between the two:

http://thedigitalcamera.net/canon-rebel-t3i-vs-t5i-comparison-whats-the-difference/

Chud, We have used the T2i to shoot shorts and had very good results. We now use a Canon C-100 and a T4i as a second camera. Therefore, I'm not overly qualified to talk about either but here's my 2 cents. If they are close in money, get the T5i. I did a lot of research when I bought the 4 as the 5 was being released. The 5 has better sound and quieter auto focus for video. But, when in doubt, buy the newer!

Last edited:
Chud, We have used the T2i to shoot shorts and had very good results. We now use a Canon C-100 and a T4i as a second camera. Therefore, I'm not overly qualified to talk about either but here's my 2 cents. If they are close in money, get the T5i. I did a lot of research when I bought the 4 as the 5 was being released. The 5 has better sound and quieter auto focus for video. But, when in doubt, buy the newer!

Even that stereo sound onboard the camera will suck, though. So in that regard, I wouldn't let that affect you much, because you'll want a separate mic regardless.

i really appreciate all the replies. i am fully aware and plan to buy separert audio equipment for the camera as i plan to make shorts and want the best quality that i can achieve. i will be buying this camera and again i thank you guys for pitching in your two cents to help me in this decision.

Back