• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Last Library trailer

Interesting, how, this would be a feature. I could see the premise as being a short not sure how you maintain that with a feature. Trailer looks pretty good, the footage looks very "live" as in, non-cinematic, soap opera type video, to me, but story matters. Good luck!

Oh, and, I don't think you need the "From the creative minds at" type chyrons, unless you are famous. Otherwise it translates as parody or cheesy.

Interesting, how, this would be a feature. I could see the premise as being a short not sure how you maintain that with a feature. Trailer looks pretty good, the footage looks very "live" as in, non-cinematic, soap opera type video, to me, but story matters. Good luck!

Oh, and, I don't think you need the "From the creative minds at" type chyrons, unless you are famous. Otherwise it translates as parody or cheesy.

Thanks for the feedback. We shot and color corrected the best we could with the resources we had and we're looking forward to delivering more robust looks in future work. We were fairly proud of the look but I guess we have a bit further to go before that feeling is earned.

Also, those text plates aren't accidental. They're meant to be overblown. It's a story about two women fighting through hell and high water as they try to return a library book. The whole thing is a little bit tongue in cheek.

Thanks for the feedback! I hope we haven't scared you off as a potential audience member completely.

Thanks for the feedback. We shot and color corrected the best we could with the resources we had and we're looking forward to delivering more robust looks in future work. We were fairly proud of the look but I guess we have a bit further to go before that feeling is earned.

Also, those text plates aren't accidental. They're meant to be overblown. It's a story about two women fighting through hell and high water as they try to return a library book. The whole thing is a little bit tongue in cheek.

Thanks for the feedback! I hope we haven't scared you off as a potential audience member completely.

Don't take it negatively, I haven't seen the film, but often times I like to give feedback on trailers where they could possibly be improved to market the film better. For example, somehow I missed this was returning a late book! (The mention of library doesn't do it for me).

Watched again. Still didn't get that, but I did get a little more of the parody/spoof vibe. I think the issue is nothing is "Mel Brooks" over the top. It toes the line of "is this supposed to be real or funny?" To me at least. But again, just talking about the trailer here, the film could rock, and you simply need to cut a better one, letting us know about the absurdity of the premise with some better scenes, etc. Hope this helps.

I agree. The trailer looks pretty serious until "one for the books" & "always carry your library card" seem to throw off the tone toward the end.

Don't take it negatively, I haven't seen the film, but often times I like to give feedback on trailers where they could possibly be improved to market the film better. For example, somehow I missed this was returning a late book! (The mention of library doesn't do it for me).

Watched again. Still didn't get that, but I did get a little more of the parody/spoof vibe. I think the issue is nothing is "Mel Brooks" over the top. It toes the line of "is this supposed to be real or funny?" To me at least. But again, just talking about the trailer here, the film could rock, and you simply need to cut a better one, letting us know about the absurdity of the premise with some better scenes, etc. Hope this helps.

The book isn't mentioned in the trailer because there's already quite a bit of other business we wanted to get to. We felt like the who-can-you-trust vibe was more interesting than the mechanics of the plot so we tried to cram more of that in.

Honestly, if you're having trouble telling if it's meant to be serious or a spoof, then the trailer and the film match in tone.

Thanks heaps for the feedback!

No problem!

Let us know when/where we can see it. :)

I agree. The trailer looks pretty serious until "one for the books" & "always carry your library card" seem to throw off the tone toward the end.

Thanks for the feedback. It's no accident that there's a wrench in the gears there. The whole project was meant to be that kind of vibe ("is this deadly serious or totally cornball?). We're just getting started, but we have a theory - if we can figure out the correct recipe for that kind of tonal ambiguity, we'll be able to create completely unique products that no other team can replicate. I don't think we nailed it 100% with this one but we certainly consider it a step in the right direction.

XX, you haven't made your trailer available to download. I would had made a re-cut with a voice over to demonstrate how to hook the viewer. What you now are revealing here off screen is very interesting.

XX, you haven't made your trailer available to download. I would had made a re-cut with a voice over to demonstrate how to hook the viewer. What you now are revealing here off screen is very interesting.

All this conversation generated by the tease and your telling me I should have given them more? I don't know how to use those little smileys so...**wink**

There's a very specific aesthetic we're trying to build over these projects. It's meant to be anarchic and off-kilter. We are hyper-aware, not just in my business but in my family, of what a disadvantage this puts us competitively (we certainly could be doing woman-in-peril films and selling them as quick as we make them) but we're really trying to go for something a bit loopier.

The hope is that if we can blow the dog whistle at the right frequency, the people who can hear it will feel like we made it just for them.

I really appreciate all this warm feedback and we're really excited to not only hear more but get cooking on the next project as we continue to try to fine-tune the recipe.

To give you some idea of the loopy aesthetic we're going for, this is the teaser we cut. Forgive the even-less-goodly color corrected footage. This was just me and Lumetri Color in Premiere.

https://vimeo.com/185805044

Back