Is this how much money you can make?

Yes, it can be done.

You read the article. You know those numbers are what a territory will pay for
a theatrical release and that very, very few self produced films will see a theatrical
release in those countries. So if you make a movie that those countries want then
it can be done. Know the territories. Know exactly what each country wants and
you may be able to sell it worldwide.

Yes, it can be done.

You read the article. You know those numbers are what a territory will pay for
a theatrical release and that very, very few self produced films will see a theatrical
release in those countries. So if you make a movie that those countries want then
it can be done. Know the territories. Know exactly what each country wants and
you may be able to sell it worldwide.

yup

These figures are completely misleading. I know a couple of numbers (not guesswork, actually know the numbers) and these numbers are achievable but only really if you have a stellar, indie movie.

What I dont understand is once you make a film how do we get it in the hands of buyers from those countries without a middle man. Basically, is there a list somewhere where if i want to sell it to Argentina who do I call? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5890659/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I guess the middle man is the only way. And that happens at festivals where they lurk around. Otherwise good luck buying a 1500 round trip ticket to Beonos Aires with no guarantee that'd you'd even meet the right people let alone sell the film.

Otherwise good luck buying a 1500 round trip ticket to Beonos Aires with no guarantee

umm... Why wouldn't you call them first to see if they're interested? Then you could meet them with all the other buyers at a film market like AFM?

Well then is there a legit list of middle man.

The last list I saw was on the Film Specific website. I'm not sure if they've kept it up to date but all you need is a great film and a good sales agent.

Film Independent has a great list. To save a ton of time someone has
already done the work so you have to pay. But it's a great resource.

Check repflicks.net

Back