Hello!

Hello, all! Very glad to be here!

I am a working novelist who is looking at possibly expanding into feature film writing. The bulk of my work has been in historical fiction -- from ancient Egypt, Greece, Persia to the era of the Crusades. I would love to try my hand at writing a script in the same vein.

I am looking forward to reading through all the information that's contained here!

Best,

Scott

Scott Oden
Author: MEN OF BRONZE (Medallion Press, 2005), MEMNON (Medallion Press, 2006), and THE LION OF CAIRO (Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin's Press, 2010).

Hello and Welcome fellow southern californian

Thanks, that1guyy! Actually, the "Southern USA" in my location refers to Alabama, though I do wish it were Southern CA!

Does anyone know if it's either encouraged or frowned upon to post sections of a script-in-progress in hopes of getting feedback? I'm working on one, have had some varying opinions from friends (most being writers themselves), and would like to get perspective from working screenwriters/filmmakers, if at all possible.

Best,

Scott

Hello and welcome! Soliciting feedback for your work is always welcome! There are some really great and helpful folks around here!

Thanks, JoshL and Ernest! It truly does seem like a very friendly, and creative-friendly, place! I went ahead and posted something in the screenwriting forum. God help the n00bie ;)

Best,

Scott

Back