Hello, from a new film maker whos first project was acidentally over 20 minutes.

The title was not to promote my project. From what I understand, I can do that at a different time in a different section. Anyways, My name is Mike T. and I'm currently living in central California. I'm a full time student at my local college and a part time employee. I plan to go to USC: Cinematic Arts in 2012. I've always had an interest in film, and starting a few years ago, wanted to create my own. While I dabbled in crappy flash animations as a child, I never really had any experience with any type of film making. After I decided I wanted to create a short film, I decided I was going to go all in.... (or as all in as a nobudget, student film maker can.) I decided no walmart handy cams, and no unorganized "buddy flicks" in my backyard. While that may seem pretentious of me, I just wanted to do the best I can, even for my first project. Eventually I found a pretty nice camera for cheap, I learned how to write a script, wrote one, and filmed a short film over the summer of this year. (I planned the project to be around 8 minutes long, but as it turned out it comes closer to 25-30 minutes.) After filming it I decided that i enjoyed it, and wanted to continue doing it. Currently, I'm editing my summer project and trying to recruit other people to get a crew together and to start filming more short films. I have one idea floating around in my head that I'd like to film this year (it will serve as my entry film for USC). I have no experience, no connections, and no plans other than film school. I just thought it would be a good idea to get connected with other indie film makers online, most of whom have much more experience than I do. So... Hello!

Back