• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Matte painting concepts

hey guys, i've been working on some concept matte paintings and I need some criticsm.. There still works in progress and I still need to camera project and add some cloud movement and what not. But how do they look so far

Egyptian-Nights-190459927

Are they not showing? They just showing as X's on mine but sometimes it does that on this site for me when i try to post stuff but its really there

They are beautiful and they are very surreal. They have great READ-ability.

Beauty inst necessarily what you want in matte paintings.. If I had hired you for these I would expect more blending of the elements... the skies look particularly un connected to the image if you know what I mean.. Again, if I was PAYING for these Id suggest some gradients overlaid on the sky to darken it as it nears the horizon, and add haze to the distant objects... but that's just me.

You know, you could probably find someone here to donate some footage for you to do a specific matte painting for. Or I know that videocopilot set extension tutorial comes with some footage that can be used for live footage for your matte painting..

Thanks

Back