*** Hello Out There in IndieTalk Land ***

Hi Everyone,

My name is Erik Swanson, and I'm obviously a newbie here so I thought I'd drop by this board and say hello, and thanks for allowing me to be a small part of your film community here.

I've been a huge fan of Digital Filmmaking pretty much all of my adult life, and I simply can't think of anything else that puts quite the same smile on my face.

My experience has come mainly from the 48 Hour Film Project, and I've really enjoyed participating every time.

I'm also a musician (sax/vocals) who loves the integration of "all things media" when working of digital films.

Thanks again, and best of luck to you all with your projects!

Take Care,
Erik

Welcome Grasshopper!

I'm one of the audio guys here.

Keep in mind that the search function is your friend. Everyone here is always very glad to help you out, but a lot of the "basics" questions have been asked and answered many times.

And always remember:

"Sound is half of the experience"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCyJRXvPNRo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCyJRXvPNRo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"Old man, how is it that you hear these things?"

"Young man, how is it that you do not?"

Los Angeles 2009 - a forum-member invited me to their team. Good times, and I learned quite a lot. :cool:

I'll pm you a link to our entry.

Have any stories about yours? :)

*** Thanks for the Warm Welcomes ***

Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for your warm welcome messages. I really appreciate it. It's always a little awkward getting started with a community of folks who've been together for awhile, and to be the newbie on the block.

I got a chance to see one of ZenSteve's cool 48 entries, and it was nothing short of awesome. They made a musical, despite what genre they pulled from the hat...very brave, and very cool. They were also privvy to "real" actors (SAG and everything!) so the performances were very pleasant to behold.

I'm really hoping to meet some great folks who also love digital filmmaking as much as I do, and I'd love to learn even more great techniques along the way from folks who've done a lot more of this that I.

Thanks again, and I look forward to chatting with you all in IndieTalk-Land!

Heh, I only worked crew. It was Directorik (and the rest of the creative team) who pulled it all together. Glad you liked it.

Yeah, there's a bunch of awesome people on the forums here.

You working on anything at the moment?

I wish I could say yes, but I'm still recovering from a long hospital stay over the Winter (pretty much the whole Winter...) that left me unable to walk. I'm back to walking now, but it's still slow and precarious, so darting around with my beloved DVX is not a good option right now. I have no doubt I'll be fully Ok again, as I've made terrific progress over these months.

I'm hoping to hit Boston's 48 next year with some family members. I've wanted to join teams here in the past but it's almost impossible. It seems every team (out of a hundred) always has everything and everyone they need, so no team is ever looking for shooters (or composers). It's very frustrating because I'd LOVE to work with different teams every year. I have a great friend in the DC area who works with new teams EVERY year without fail. There's just something a little different about folks here in New England...very uptight and I wish it weren't the case. Oh well...

Erik

Back