• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Things We've Seen

Hey all!

I wrapped a short scene on Sunday that I intend to use as a pitch for investor funding. It originated as a project for my acting & directing class, but I recently withdrew from school to continue pursuing my company endeavors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watch?v=N1VC3VbXufM

Enjoy!

Good job! I liked your dialogue shots. Good emotions in your actors too. Would be cool to see the whole film! So what is the outline of what happened there? A kid apparently went to a crime scene?

Thank you, kindly! And you're correct. The overarching story centers around a family in the backwoods of Northeast Kansas, and the obsolescence of their relationships as it is mirrored by the town's demise after a major riot. This scene is a link when the boy finds a clue to his missing father's whereabouts, following the orchestration of the riot.

Also saw you were from Indiana, I am as well!

Yeah, this actually seems really cool and it's definitely well shot. What's the film called and do you have a website?

Two things I'm a bit turned off by, though. First, where in the World did the sheriff come from? Were they in the middle of getting pulled over or something? It seems so random that he would just pop in like that. Second, the dialogue seems too inauthentic. Everyone's talking like a poet. Kinda reminds me of the counselor.

Otherwise, this was really appealing. I'd like to check out the final product. good luck, man!

Good notes! Dialogue is always a trick. This is actually my first piece set in modern day (approached with legitimate intent, anyway). My work is mainly period piece filmography.

The film is titled The Things We've Seen. We have a facebook page (fb.com/thingsweveseen), but have not started promoting anything as of yet – still wrapping post on a Holocaust piece. Mainly everything is going through my company page right now: www.facebook.com/cfworks

Good notes! Dialogue is always a trick. This is actually my first piece set in modern day (approached with legitimate intent, anyway). My work is mainly period piece filmography.

The film is titled The Things We've Seen. We have a facebook page (fb.com/thingsweveseen), but have not started promoting anything as of yet – still wrapping post on a Holocaust piece. Mainly everything is going through my company page right now: www.facebook.com/cfworks

Nice stuff man. Definitely looking forward to seeing where this goes.

the acting was really good....especially the woman.

I didn't like the cut to the shot of the kid in the sideview.....the rest of the scene played slow with regards to cuts, so it looked a little out of place.

overall really good. maybe some sort of score, light music underneath. If there was some sort of ominous score, not heavyhanded, then it would look like a cut from an indie i'd see in the theaters.

If you don't mind:

What type of camera did you use?

Number of crew?

Awesome work!

Thanks for the view and remarks! We shot on a Black Magic Cinema and Panasonic AF100s. The crew was comprised of about twenty people.

Back