Yet another reason to envy the residents of Austin, TX

Two widely misunderstood phrases that I would like to see disappear from popular culture: "the customer is always right" and "the pedestrian has the right of way".

When did my little sister move to Austin?
:lol::lol:

I'm loving this. Good for the Alamo Drafthouse. Get her ass OUT of the theater!

@JoshL - could not agree with you more "The customer is always right." needs to go bye-bye already. Customers feel a sense of entitlement and are constantly pulling that card out. Needs to be revoked and ripped up.

True story: I spelled it that way in a 5th grade spelling bee. I explained I was British in my previous life and they didn't buy it.

Lol.

Having lived in both England and the USA and having studied both at British and American schools, i sway back and forth although i try and remind myself to keep the original spelling since i learnt it that way first.

Was she texting Anthony Weiner?

weiner.jpg

Working in the service industry, I can confirm that "the customer is always right" has been completely misunderstood by the masses.

It doesn't mean that the customer is literally always right. All it means is that, if you're a smart business person, in most situations, it's a good idea to pretend that the customer is right, cuz if you argue with the customer, you usually lose. In restaurants, actually, the customer is usually wrong, but we still want their return-business (and positive word-of-mouth), so we bend over and take it up the rectum, by letting them think that they're right.

Some customers, however, are just so wrong that you'd prefer never to see them again. I wish more theaters would take stricter policies against rude viewers.

Favorite line from Clerks (and maybe even my favorite Kevin Smith line ever):

"Sometime you just need to lay into the occasional customer."

:lol:

I don't appreaciate your ruse.

My what?

You ruse. Your cunning attempt to fool me.

Actually my favorite line is Jay's reply to the question,

"Hey, you guys got any balls down there."

"'Bout the biggest pair you ever seen, dingle-berry.":)

Get a job, you bum!

P.S Note to Cracker. Your metaphorical Turkey temperature of leave, is getting a little warm. I knew you thought I was cool. Ice col--No. I'll stick with cool. Cool.

Here's a follow up from Tim League, the owner of the Alamo Drafthouse:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/10/alamo.drafthouse.league/index.html?hpt=hp_bn5

What drew us to open a theater in the first place is that we were finding a trip to the multiplex to be, more often than not, a disappointing experience.

Poor projection, bad sound and, worst of all, disrespectful patrons in the cinema were slowly eroding our fun, so we conceived of the idea of opening a cinema ourselves on our own terms. We could program the movies that we loved, create unique experiences around those movies and make sure people behaved appropriately.

Go Tim!

Back