• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch One Survivor – Trailer

I'm sorry I have no other way of saying this and I hope I dont offend you, but the acting on this short is really bad. The audio was also really loud from the start and it makes it difficult to watch.

I'm a new member and you actually have more movie-making experience than me, but at the same time it is up to you, the director(are you the director?) to get the best out of your crew and it didn't happen.

Why does the guy have paint of his face?
Who are these people?
Who/what decides who gets a pill?
If the pill is the only cure, how was it so simple for the sunglasses guy to have one?

Again, I'm a total filmmaking noob, so I may not appreciate the hard work you put into this, but nobody who sees this trailer is going to think of that either. They are only going to judge you by what you put forth, and this is a weak example.

Just my honest opinion.
Joey

I'm not offended. I know the audio was bad... (we actually have done a lot of change for the audio since then).

The guy has makeup because he's a punk rocker.
These are people deciding who is going to get this pill.
Who/what decides to get the pill... well you aren't really supposed to know that in the trailer. Otherwise there'd be no point to the movie really.
And the way the "sunglasses guy" gets the pill is explained in the movie.

As it is a trailer, I can't explain everything that happens.

This is my first "serious" film. And with no money, I had to work with what I had. Thank you for your criticism Joey.

Josiah, I completely understand the money situation but at the same time if you knew the acting was bad, then you should had gotten different actors. Contact your local school and talk to the art/drama teachers. Put flyers at your local college for a casting call, get other friends involved who may be more believable.

Also at the end of the day your story has got to make sense in every possible way. There is no way that a "cure" could had been found in 11 days after this kind of catastrophe. You have got to think "if it did happen, how would it"? Just think for a second of the attacks on 9/11, remember how crazy it was for weeks after that, even if you were not in NYC you were still at a daze because of the fear... Imagine if 5billion died in 11days, how insanely crazy the world would be. The first thing you have got to think about is the story and just think as if it were real. You are a storyteller and within the story, as fictitious as the story may be, all of the parts have to make sense.

I give you props because you ARE working on your project. You AREfilming and that is a huge step.

Back