• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

"B-Roll" log line.

First step on the scary path of my first feature..

Played around with few ideas, and here is what I've got :

Movie title: "B-Roll"
Gengre: Action/Crime
Logline: An aspiring reporter is mistaken for a murderer and must find the missing crime footage to prove his innocence.

What do you think? Sounds interesting?

Two things:

1. I still like "Death Blow".

;)

2. What is your budget, and can this movie be shot on what I presume will be a tiny budget? Not saying it can't; just making a friendly reminder that this does need to be considered. :)

Shooting on a noodle cup soup budget. Maybe I'll add a cracker ;)

On more serious note - its a bit early to tell. As of right now, I'm writing ideas out as if my prop/location budget is an earth breaking 0 dollars, with props, actors and locations that I know I have access to.

OR... it actually was him and he doesn't remember doing it. Once he finally finds the footage, he is horrified to see *gasp* HIMSELF committing the act! dun Dun DUN!

And then he wakes up... it was all a dream *sigh*

What is this reporter reporting? Is this a case that he becomes obsessed with? Does it pull him into the darkness, the dark side? Does the professional become personal? Does he have to be timid? Is he working alone on this? Is he mentoring a seasoned reporter who he eventually suspects might be part of the unraveling story? If he is timid, at what point does he turn into the reporter he wants to be? Does he always try to do the right thing or the best thing for the story?

Rhetorical questions... just tossing a few peanuts from the peanut gallery!

Even worse than being an unbelievably timid secret murderer, what if he was an aggressive, over achieving, competitive reporter that was very believably a murderer in the kangaroo court of public opinion?

How about -

A timid newsroom attendant accidentally commits a murder and manages to hide the body and appear innocent while the missing person case of his victim is investigated.

Back