• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Vegas Movie studio 9 Render Widescreen Problem

I have created a short film in Vegas Movie Studio 9. The project is set in DV NTSC Widescreen. I filmed widescreen on Canon XL1s. I captured the video onto my computer as Widescreen. I created the whole film in widescreen and on the software it looks great! But in the video I have some full screen items and so I zoomed in those clips to fit the widescreen. The problem is when I go to render, it renders the video in full screen and the widescreen clips have black lines on top and bottom of it and the full screen items take up the whole screen. I don't understand how to stop this! The link below is what I mean it is turning out as.

How can I render the video in full quality as well as the Widescreen format I want it in? I really need help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef40kHI-E_I

Go to the Pan/Zoom window for each of the layered items that are full screen and see if there is an option to change the setting of that clip to NTSC widescreen. I'm sorry I can't be more specific but I am recalling this while at work and away from my PC with Vegas on it. I'm pretty sure if you open up the window that allows you to pan/zoom on a clip, there is a drop down near the top that allows you to change the properties for how Vegas treats the framing proportion of the clip.

Back