Hello Everyone!

Hello Everyone! My name is Shaun Johnson. I am looking forward to browsing this site and learning from all of the exceptionally talented people here. I would like to thank everyone that is involved with this site. Thank you for your contributions to the independent filmmaking world. I myself am just starting out in filmmaking. I plan to direct a few short films and then move on to a feature. I'm sure many people go this route and many people also jump right in to the feature, but for me I want to get a feel for things first. I look forward to making friends with many of you as well as films. Thank you.

The Truth is you're more talented than you think.

I have three finished and one in the process. I am getting together a few things I need to shoot each on. I plan to shoot them back to back. I am taking my time though to get a feel and understanding of the process. I’m doing script break downs, lining the scripts, shot lists, budgeting, scouting locations, ect. I pretty much doing pre-production all on my on because I want the hands on experience. It’s the best way to learn for me. I am really excited and hope each film will look as I envision them.

post production takes a long time and it's central to the process of learning from your mistakes.

I wouldn't advise doing them back-to-back unless that includes time to edit and reflect on what you could have done better as each project is completed.

It most certainly does include editing and reflecting on how to improve on the next project. I definitely would not try to complete more than one project at a time. That would be insane. What I meant was I had scripts ready to go and most of the equipment to get into the next project without those things holding me up, but I know nothing ever goes as planned.

Back