• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Seal - Music Video

This is my 3rd music video where I have directed and edited myself. Any comments, critisicm etc is always appreciated 8]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg3dgODvP-U&

GIRLS!!! You need some hot chicks in there. I'm guessing you aren't singing/rapping to

another dude. In that case, bring on the chicks. Also, this looks like what it is, a couple of

buddies making a video in their back yard. The song itself isn't bad. But the video brings it

down. For instance, when you are rapping about cloudy days and bright nights, that seems

like a good time to do the video at night. Stuff like that. Make the video applicable to the song,

not just some dudes sitting around smoking and shit. :) IMO its not the smokin and drinking

that are cool. Its what you are doing while you are smokin and drinkin. A la - Chicks. :)

GIRLS!!! You need some hot chicks in there. I'm guessing you aren't singing/rapping to

another dude. In that case, bring on the chicks. Also, this looks like what it is, a couple of

buddies making a video in their back yard. The song itself isn't bad. But the video brings it

down. For instance, when you are rapping about cloudy days and bright nights, that seems

like a good time to do the video at night. Stuff like that. Make the video applicable to the song,

not just some dudes sitting around smoking and shit. :) IMO its not the smokin and drinking

that are cool. Its what you are doing while you are smokin and drinkin. A la - Chicks. :)

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. We had some issues getting girls, they kept flaking out on us. That was the ideal plan was for him to enter the kickback, spot a girl, and be rapping to her etc.

I'll def take what you say about applying the song to the video, thanks 8]

Remember girls like money. Get you a little bit of that and you'll get some girls on the set. You might be surprise by how little they cost if they are going to be in a music video. :)

As far as technical issues, lock the exposure when you shoot, that'll add production value. Also, try changing the angle you shoot. i.e. put the camera close to the ground pointed up and see how intimidating everyone becomes. Keep it up!
-Matt

Back